purchasing tobacco products

sarahcat111

can tobacco products be purchased on board

Yes, but not all brands are available. Also, cigs are super cheap...like less than $30/carton. If you are coming out of Texas port, they will ask you for tax money when you get off. All other ports you can carry off, duty free up to 1 carton per adult.

Have fun and smoke em up!

Edited by AngAndBoys

Yes, but not all brands are available. Also, cigs are super cheap...like less than $30/carton. If you are coming out of Texas port, they will ask you for tax money when you get off. All other ports you can carry off, duty free up to 1 carton per adult.

Have fun and smoke em up!

If you stop in St Thomas, you can bring back five cartons.

How about purchasing Cubans in non-American ports? Planning on trying to find some on Roatan when we stop there, just a couple each, to enjoy on the ship. TOOOOOOTALLLY wouldn't bring them ashore when we debark...

How about purchasing Cubans in non-American ports? Planning on trying to find some on Roatan when we stop there, just a couple each, to enjoy on the ship. TOOOOOOTALLLY wouldn't bring them ashore when we debark...

They will announce at the port of call shopping lecture that they have before the first port that everyone can buy as many Cuban cigars as you want. Canadians can take them home; Americans have to smoke them on the ship.

I'm not a cigar smoker but I've heard that you have to be careful when you buy them. There are a lot of fake ones out there.

I'm looking to bring some rolling tobacco like Golden Virginia back to the UK after my cruise next month. Is it better to buy it in California or on the ship?

Still not sure on quantities I can take back to UK.