Advice on a different line

SandyK1968

We too wish Seabourn would offer an Alaska cruise. Once at dinner with a Captain I asked why there are no such sailings and got a rather bogus reply about economics of doing multiple itineraries to Alaska. They could have a, as an example, LA to Alaska back to LA and next sailing to Asia or ??? The point being Seabourn would not need to position a ship for 3 months doing back to back Alaska sailings. How about putting an Alaska or 2 sailing between an east and west Northern passage itinerary? I heard a rumor they are considering a NP trip, which the Quest could handle, when we were on the Route of the Vikings but have yet to see it 😒

Many thanks again for all your responses. I think it tells you something about this board if I share that we have abandoned all plans for SS - and unable to bear the thought of anything other than what we love (until we have more time to waste), we are doing a Seabourn trip in the Med instead...might be construed as a cop-out but we don't want to risk an unhappy cruise experience.

Alaska will have to wait!

Many thanks again for all your responses. I think it tells you something about this board if I share that we have abandoned all plans for SS - and unable to bear the thought of anything other than what we love (until we have more time to waste), we are doing a Seabourn trip in the Med instead...might be construed as a cop-out but we don't want to risk an unhappy cruise experience.

Thank you for letting us in on your decision

A gut feeling is often the best way.

Seabourn in the Med is always a wonderful choice.

Exactly what we thought in booking the SB Canada/New England rather than risking the Alaska which we will do another time when the choices may be different.

You will enjoy the Med I'm sure, we did.