LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

Just don't reply to comments you don't care for. I thought it was a friendly suggestion to a guy everyone likes and wants to see post for a long time to come.

Thanks God we have 1 intelligent person on here. We enjoy Jim's reviews and he said he wanted to lose weight because he is having trouble walking so that is why the suggestion since bacon is so fattening.

Geeze!! Why is it that some people feel they have the right to chastise someone and end with "just saying" like it makes it okay? Those comments are not necessary or welcome. They are just plain rude!

And neither are your's welcome to me.

It makes little difference now and I only eat mass quantities of bacon when cruising once or twice a year.

Bacon has become a forbidden word!

http://minutemennews.com/2015/01/oxford-u-press-warns-writing-bacon-offend-muslims-jews/

PS - I am restarting the Adkins's diet in a few days once we stock up on the necessary approved stuff

PPS - Try a Turtle Burger...

turtburg-cooked-bg.jpg

http://www.bacongoddess.com/2011/01/infamous-turtle-burger-bacon-goddess.html

Good luck with your diet Jim.

What was lyric favorite thing i will have my son on oasis in Feb 2016. I love the threads you post. They r very informative. Its neat to see it through a kids eyes i have 2 thank you or sharing .

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I was reading through your posts and noticed that Lyric has a Kindle. Reading Rainbow which was a kids program a few years back is now an app. My 3 1/2 year old granddaughter has an Ipad and my son-in-law bought her the app. For $50 a year, she can access books online. She is has them read to her but I think you can turn that part off. She can get books and then turn them in when she is done. Great for kids.

FANTASTIC NEWS!

When we left home for the ship I weighed 285 pounds.

I weigh myself every morning after by morning potty break and before my morning coffee.

This morning I weighed 285 pounds!

No Gain during the cruise which I credit to RCI making me walk back and forth to the smoking areas.

So walking helps! A lot of walking helps more!

I got the following info from Kathie yesterday afternoon.

Kathie and Jack had planned to hang out on the ship until the mob got off and then walk off at their leisure.

When we got to the luggage area the line was pretty long for customs and there were only 4 or 5 customs officers working.

7 ships came into port Sunday and apparently the Customs People were spread out pretty thin among the 7 terminals.

Kathie told us that the line backed up so bad that it extended back onto the allure and looped around the Promenade and they closed the exit doors several rimes to allow the line to shorten up a bit.

Kathie also said that all of the smokers headed back up to Deck 15 and to the smoking area to hang out and wait which disrupted the crew's cleaning operations.

I have been waiting for someone else to post about departure delays on the RCI Board but have not seen anything yet.

We had an easy departure from the ship and a porter hauled our luggage out to the car which was parked in a handicapped spot in the parking lot.

We were rolling out of the lot by 8 am but paused for about 15 minutes at a railroad crossing before we got onto I-95 and headed north.

DSCN2133_zps0857f360.jpg

DSCN2134_zps70f10de3.jpg

DSCN2132_zps97413d49.jpg

Someone asked for photos of our cabin, 6236, which was a handicapped cabin.

Handicapped cabins are 50% bigger than a normal balcony cabin and the same size as a junior suite.

I should have taken them when we first arrived before we messed it up but here they are, just before we departed.

DSCN2125_zpse033708a.jpg

DSCN2127_zps4b61bc37.jpg

DSCN2126_zps0d7ebe7f.jpg

DSCN2128_zpsefe6c217.jpg

DSCN2129_zps4e1e0ecb.jpg

That's all for now folks...

I am expecting some more photos from Ally's cell phone and I will post them up when I get them.

Over all it was a great cruise!

The only two "negatives" were dinner at Chops and the long walk from the cabin to the smoking area on the pool deck.

One more thing, Lyric's favorite activity was the "whirl pool" in the H20 Zone, the kiddie pool area.

I would recommend to anyone bringing small children that they have a bathing suit with them when they board so the kids can hit the pool immediately.

I also recommend a "life jacket" for kids to allow them to float around in the whirl pool. It was deeper than Lyric and Ally got her an inflatable model of the allure to hold onto in the water.

DSCN1981_zpsaa7f87f9.jpg

The whirl pool is on the left and has a current in it that whirls the kids around and around.

DSCN1977_zpsba6860e8.jpg

I've been loving your report. We're coming on the Allure with young kids so it's been great seeing how much fun Lyric is having (and the rest of you too). Looks like you had an awesome vacation.

Question...how old and tall is Lyric? You mention that the donut pool is deeper than her Good point about life jackets. I was thinking of brining water wings as my younger one is just learning to swim now (5.5 years currently but she's tall).

Also, did the H20 Zone keep her occupied for awhile? It looks like fun.

Edited by LuCruise

Trainman, this has been an enjoyable trip for me too. Loved all your pictures and comments. Lyric and Ally really packed alot in in 7 days. Oh to be young again! Lyric is absolutely adorable. Thank you so much for all your time and effort it takes to share your cruise. Looking forward to going back and rejoining your lives back on the farm. I hope we get to meet some day. Good luck with your diet and I think you can eat all the bacon you desire on Atkins. When my SIL was on Atkins, he ate lots of bacon, lost weight and lowered his cholesterol.

Thank you again.

Luvs

I've been loving your report. We're coming on the Allure with young kids so it's been great seeing how much fun Lyric is having (and the rest of you too). Looks like you had an awesome vacation.

Question...how old and tall is Lyric? You mention that the donut pool is deeper than her Good point about life jackets. I was thinking of brining water wings as my younger one is just learning to swim now (5.5 years currently but she's tall).

Also, did the H20 Zone keep her occupied for awhile? It looks like fun.

Lyric is 6 and Ally is home schooling her. She is now at the 3rd grade level (Brag, Brag, Brag) and I expect her to be at the 4th grade level soon.

The whirl pool is, according to the photo, 3' 5" deep if I read it right.

Lyric alternated between the whirl pool and the regular kids pool which was not as deep and she could have stayed in them all day. She made lots of friends.

Ally kept checking the compass and the kids schedule and found all kinds of things going on, especially on the board walk.

I would have no problem saying that the Oasis/Allure have plenty to do for young kids.

Lyric is 6 and Ally is home schooling her. She is now at the 3rd grade level (Brag, Brag, Brag) and I expect her to be at the 4th grade level soon.

The whirl pool is, according to the photo, 3' 5" deep if I read it right.

Lyric alternated between the whirl pool and the regular kids pool which was not as deep and she could have stayed in them all day. She made lots of friends.

Ally kept checking the compass and the kids schedule and found all kinds of things going on, especially on the board walk.

I would have no problem saying that the Oasis/Allure have plenty to do for young kids.

Wow...one smart little girl. :) That's awesome (and you should brag and be proud!)

Ah ok...so if 3.5 feet then my DD should be able to stand. She's over that now, so in a year, she'll be taller (she's very tall for her age...takes after DH as I'm on the shorter side). Either way, we'll definitely bring water wings or something.

Great to hear she had such a good time with tons to do for kids. You could tell in your report.