Favorite Trivia Theme

jp12687

The best one I did was one that was on our 3 sea days. It was guys against girls. No one volunteered to be captains because the captain had to be there all 3 days. No one wanted to commit to that. So my son and I both committed. We had so much fun. My only regret was, after it was over and we got a bottle of champange, I should have asked for glasses and shared it with the rest of the girls (yes, girls rule!!) But i didn't. I felt bad.

Anatomy, Geography, rock music, food and drink, books. All the things I like when doing pub quizzes at home. We usually win these too.

I also like British Trivia as on both our sailings all our opponents were US/Aus so we wiped the floor with everyone. :D

Excuse me, but 50 is NOT old. :p I am a few years beyond 50 and I am not old. :D (If only I could convince my body...:eek:)

Excuse me, but I didn't say OLD. I said "old-ER", ha ha! :)

I'll be 58 this summer and I don't feel OLD either, just "old-ER" than those in their 20's, 30's and 40's. But! Not as old as those in their 60's, 70's and 80's. :)

Update: I had not won the elusive "Ship on a Stick" until our most recent Paradise cruise. And I actually won 2 this time, but both times there were only about a half dozen people playing so my odd were better than when 20 or 30 people are playing. I was thrilled to finally win though! I kept one and gave one to my granddaughter.

I actually did win another, and would have given that one to my daughter-in-law, but even though I won fair and square the host said "I'm not going to give you a SOS since you already won one", but gave it to another couple just for participating. :( In a way, I can kind of understand, but yet I did win...and would have liked giving it to my daughter-in-law.

The cheating that happens is very frustrating and its even more annoying when the host does nothing about it. I've seen some people sit at a table with a binder and have (no lie) 11 SOAS sitting on their table. Also know if we're on the same sailing I will call you out because everyone deserves a fair chance. At the very least do what we did in high school and memorize the answers. Don't rub it in our faces as there are children playing.

I know what you mean about the cheating. There were two women sitting next to us at trivia on our last cruise. I heard one of the women say "well, we got 22." We had 28. Then I heard the other woman say "we got 29!!" Hmmmmmmm.....how did you manage to find 7 more correct answers so you could "win?" :( And the host doesn't even look at the answers before giving out the prize.

Edited by Yvonne

We love Trivia and play every one. It is true that you get regulars and the competition can be very fun among the groups. When we sailed with our kids it was great because everyone had their specialty. My youngest knows everything about movies and TV, my daughter was great at the IQ and genuis trivia. My oldest is a history buff and my husband knows the music and I filled in with whatever I knew. We were hard to beat. It is a little harder now that they don't cruise with us but on the last few cruises we ended up meeting other and had a ball as a team. We really loved the Ultimate team trivia because it was a contest over many days and it was fun to come back and compete each day against the same groups. On the Breeze we would spend all afternoon on the Lanai doing back to back trivia and games. We even played musical chairs to break a tie in the men vs women's trivia. Going on Princess for the first time next month and I hope that they have good trivia.Cindy

My favorite is the Geography trivia. However, it isn't always an option on the cruises I've been on. And sometimes when it is offered it occurs right in the middle of port days. Once in Cozumel I raced back to the ship after an excursion, did the Geography trivia, and then I got off the ship again.

I learn a lot during the trivia and it's always a fun diversion from the activities up on the Lido deck.

We love Trivia and play every one. It is true that you get regulars and the competition can be very fun among the groups. When we sailed with our kids it was great because everyone had their specialty. My youngest knows everything about movies and TV, my daughter was great at the IQ and genuis trivia. My oldest is a history buff and my husband knows the music and I filled in with whatever I knew. We were hard to beat. It is a little harder now that they don't cruise with us but on the last few cruises we ended up meeting other and had a ball as a team. We really loved the Ultimate team trivia because it was a contest over many days and it was fun to come back and compete each day against the same groups. On the Breeze we would spend all afternoon on the Lanai doing back to back trivia and games. We even played musical chairs to break a tie in the men vs women's trivia. Going on Princess for the first time next month and I hope that they have good trivia.Cindy

Princess is a bit more intellectual than carnival. I think you'll enjoy it. They also give a bigger selection of prizes from the gift shop-- key rings, luggage tags, etc!

*blink* So you're telling me there is not only Disney trivia, but cartoon trivia?!? Now I'm even more glad we've decided to switch over to Carnival!!:D And I think someone even mentioned Star Wars trivia -- that would round out the holy trinity of trivia for us. :) Even more excited now!!

-gina-

My favorite trivia we have played is "Last man standing" where they use the entire theater or lounge. They give a question and if you think it is answer A you go to the right of the stage, if it is answer B go left. Then which ever group is right stays and the other group sits down. It goes on until only one person is left.

We love to win SOS and have many, usually we win for 70's music, 80's music or classic rock. Sometimes they are easier to win than others. Our last cruise there was actually a rocket scientist and a couple of other really smart people. They won everything! We tried and tried and finally won a ship for some other activity.

Movies, TV Shows, Cartoons, and my number 1 theme is Star Wars ( but only played once)

I collect Ships on a Stick. I play a lot of trivia and do fairly well. However I only take one Ship per cruise and turn down the rest I win for others to take. I do not see the point of having 30 of the same ship. In my normal life, I play in a monthly Trivial Pursuit gaming night, and was on Jeopardy when I was much younger.

Edited by The_Geek

Movies, TV Shows, Cartoons, and my number 1 theme is Star Wars ( but only played once)

I collect Ships on a Stick. I play a lot of trivia and do fairly well. However I only take one Ship per cruise and turn down the rest I win for others to take. I do not see the point of having 30 of the same ship. In my normal life, I play in a monthly Trivial Pursuit gaming night, and was on Jeopardy when I was much younger.

I do the same, I usually take the trophy but give them to a kid on the elevator when they ask me where/how I got it

• 1 year later...
Everything NOT geared towards children (Disney, Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc, YUCK!). LOVE trivia!

Agreed! I like general. Once I arrived 2 questions late for a planes, cars and one other I don't remember. What do I know about this stuff? Nothing. I won. Knew more than I thought.

I can't do the photo ID's either. But once I joined with some young ladies and they ID'd people like Britney Spears etc. I was the only one who knew Lady Bird Johnson. Everyone else thought the queen or Margaret Thatcher. We won.

Big Bang Theory, 80's, tv trivia, movie trivia. My dad loves the Beatles trivia. Some of the more generic ones like crazy laws, food, etc are fun to play because you don't tend to have too many "experts".

For stuff like the big bang theory, friends, harry potter - there always seems to be someone who gets 20/20.

• 2 weeks later...
They did a Michael Jackson trivia on our last cruise that I didn't play and regret, I was listening in and knew all the songs that was played....I would've won!! LoL. We also did a who's who's trivia that I really liked, will definitely be doing a lot more on our cruise on the Dream in December and I hope they have the Michael Jackson one on that one 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On which hand did he wear that glove?

To be honest, I can't stand the way they do trivia now. Seems they have 5 topics, done multiple times a day every day. And never change the questions. We sat in at the end of one waiting for another, and had all the answers to the second round. Some people played the second round too, it was no longer trivia, but memory

Edited by pbsteve

My favorite on all of our cruises was Harry Potter trivia. My 10 yr old had a perfect score that tied a team that consisted of 6 adults. The host wanted to give two ships but my daughter refused and wanted to play sudden death. (The poor host was so worried that he would have a ten year old girl in hysterical tears)

She won. And the packed lounge went crazy.

[ATTACH]336116[/ATTACH]

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

I will be your ten year old daughter on my cruise lol. Me with my grown pushing 30 self, battling it to the sudden death for that ship because it is mine! Hahahaha but no really, I have been addicted since like, age 11 lol, and when i saw they offer Harry Potter trivia in someones funtimes, I was over the moon :)

We're also excited to play movie quotes trivia though, because I swear my husband has seen every movie to ever come out and can memorize them in like under 60 seconds it seems.

• 1 month later...

I love 80's music trivia. I also really like Geography trivia, although I have never had that specific topic on a cruise. I would LOVE to play Simpson's trivia :D I will be on Triumph in December and am wondering what kinds of trivia will be played....