Late boarding

Merlinite

we got our staggered boarding notice today. It appears the terminal will be crazy. We overnight so is there an All Aboard time, or can we check in after the zoo, say around 7?

It's Buenos Aries Immigration fault... 3 ships in Port at the same time. Maybe that's why they all overnight in BsAs?

Can we check in the day before then go back after boarding starts? I'd guess no

we got our staggered boarding notice today. It appears the terminal will be crazy. We overnight so is there an All Aboard time, or can we check in after the zoo, say around 7?

It's Buenos Aries Immigration fault... 3 ships in Port at the same time. Maybe that's why they all overnight in BsAs?

Can we check in the day before then go back after boarding starts? I'd guess no

If I understand you correctly the ship arrives in port at 8am on the first day, for example Sunday, Feb 1st. The ship then stays in port until 6pm on Monday Feb 2nd. You are scheduled to board on Sunday afternoon. That is when you should go to the pier. Once you board and receive your cruise cards you will be able to leave the ship and tour around if you wish. I don't think Argentina immigration has anything to do with your boarding process, although it may take some time to process debarking, not embarking, passengers. Regarding other ships, these will be at different piers with different check in areas so the 'zoo' you fear really will not be so bad. You will not be able to check in before the ship arrives, for example Saturday. If you want to spend an extra evening in a hotel at extra cost and want to check in on Monday, you can most likely do it, but you MUST call Princess to advise them of your late arrival so they know in advance you will not be on board, and to receive check in instructions. If you want to check in at 7pm you can also probably do it, but call Princess in advance to inquire and advise them. Remember, you already paid for the first night, meals and activities on the ship.

Don't worry about the crowds, and just enjoy yourself.

The days and dates used in the discussion may not be the same as your actual dates.

Last March we arrived at the BA pier at about 1:30 & with priority boarding it didn't take long & we didn't have staggered boarding. I don't think staying overnight has anything to do with Argentinian immigrations but to allow passengers boarding the ship more time to experience Buenos Aires.

If you're not aware of it & continuing to LA, they keep your passport & think we got it returned before Cabo; if disembarking in Valparaiso you'll get it in time to disembark the ship.