Best Vegetarian Dishes??

happyscmom

The mushroom risotto in the Opus Dining Room was delicious. An Indian vegetable dish (I don't recall what the menu called it) was disappointing. Mostly potatoes. The bread was nice, though. The gnocchi on the last night was a mushy texture, although the sauce was nice enough. (They called it quattro formaggio but it seemed like Alfredo.) You can also get mac and cheese, a grilled cheese sandwich, and maybe pizza from the kids' menu, even if you are not a kid.

In the Oceanview, the lentil dal was good. You could get a cheese sandwich at the pannini station. There's vegetarian sushi. Pasta is always available. And the pizza wasn't bad.

The mushroom risotto in the Opus Dining Room was delicious. An Indian vegetable dish (I don't recall what the menu called it) was disappointing. Mostly potatoes. The bread was nice, though. The gnocchi on the last night was a mushy texture, although the sauce was nice enough. (They called it quattro formaggio but it seemed like Alfredo.) You can also get mac and cheese, a grilled cheese sandwich, and maybe pizza from the kids' menu, even if you are not a kid.

In the Oceanview, the lentil dal was good. You could get a cheese sandwich at the pannini station. There's vegetarian sushi. Pasta is always available. And the pizza wasn't bad.

One thing for true veggies, my OH is veggie and found X a little 'uncertain' re wether their cheese is vegetarian ( i.e. No animal rennet). Questions such as ' is this (cheese based) dish vegetarian' often resulted in 'Yes it just cauliflower and cheese'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contact guest services/special needs department now, and request vegetarian meals. When you board, see the maitre d'. He will have your name listed for vegetarian meals, and will show you a special vegetarian menu. Each night at dinner, you will be shown a vegetarian menu for the next night's meals.

At the buffet, for both breakfast and lunch you can ask any of the chefs or the head waiter which foods are vegetarian. They will show you which you can eat, and will also offer to prepare something special for you. I'm a vegan and was very well fed on Celebrity.

Contact guest services/special needs department now, and request vegetarian meals. When you board, see the maitre d'. He will have your name listed for vegetarian meals, and will show you a special vegetarian menu. Each night at dinner, you will be shown a vegetarian menu for the next night's meals.

At the buffet, for both breakfast and lunch you can ask any of the chefs or the head waiter which foods are vegetarian. They will show you which you can eat, and will also offer to prepare something special for you. I'm a vegan and was very well fed on Celebrity.

Thanks Ruth!

My husband is a vegan and I just called the Captain's Club to add that to our reservation.

(The rep said we should have told our TA - we've been cruising for almost 45 years and never even thought of telling the TA. Princess has a special diet dept.. and when I faxed in their form someone called US to confirm and reassure us)

Celebrity's special needs dept is just for physical disabilities - not dietary requests. :confused:

We were on Constellation last year and will be sailing Reflection on March 21 this year. On Connie, they gave me a separate menu every night for the next night. There were plenty to choose from although some were bland others were GREAT!

Plenty to choose from on the buffet for breakfast and lunch. I personally loved the Panini's made to order, I hope they have that on Reflection as well. And the pizza flatbreads were really good! Bistro on 5 had a bunch of great things form soups to sammies and crepes too!

In the dinning room for dinner some of my favs were:

ALL the different salads they offered such as Belgium Endive, Caprese Salad, Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad, Chicory Pear Salad, Boston Lettuce and Gorgonzola salad, Chop Chop Salad, Kale Salad.

My fav apps: Baked Blue Cheese Souffle, the Spinach Turnover and the Eggplant Caviar

Some of the soups were good: Butternut Squash, Cream of Broccoli. They had others I didn't try or care for: Cream of Mushroom, Yellow Corn Soup, Chilled Pear and Honey Soup, Chickpea Tomato Soup, and more

Some of my fav Entree's were: The Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli, The Pasta Primavera, The Israeli Cous Cous Cakes, and The Gnocchi. Some other ones I either didn't try or didn't care for are: Mushroom Risotto, Vegetable Korma with Roti, Fried Masala Potatoes.

I know there were more, I just got out my menus and was looking at them trying to remember what to request. There is plenty on the ship for vegetarians. And if you eat Seafood ( I do not) the possibilities are endless! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by scubamommy!