Adventure Kids Program

HenHaven

Also interested in this but for a toddler (18 months)...

We started cruising with our daughter when she turned 6 months have since had a son who is also now a frequent cruiser. We had great experiences with the RCCL Nursery! We used them mostly in the evenings and they take great care for each child. We were given a phone upfront and also scheduled the days and times we wanted (each child is limited to a certain number of hours each week). There was never any issues and the staff seemed to really enjoy their time with the kiddies. Play area with parents was also very nice.

Have a great time!

We started cruising with our daughter when she turned 6 months have since had a son who is also now a frequent cruiser. We had great experiences with the RCCL Nursery! We used them mostly in the evenings and they take great care for each child. We were given a phone upfront and also scheduled the days and times we wanted (each child is limited to a certain number of hours each week). There was never any issues and the staff seemed to really enjoy their time with the kiddies. Play area with parents was also very nice.

Have a great time!

Is the time limit only for the nursery or for all ages?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruised with my granddaughter who was 10 on Oasis last June, and she LOVED the kids club! We signed her up on boarding day, and she went the following night after dinner - came to pick her up around 10pm and she was fully engaged in a game they were playing, begged to stay longer! And that's how it went for the rest of the cruise, she went almost every night and made lots of new BFFs! She really liked the kids club employees as well, they all have cute nicknames and are great with the kids. By the fourth day of the cruise, it seemed that everywhere we went she ran into people she knew, including the kids club employees who always greeted her by name.

At that age you have the option of allowing them to sign themselves out of the club, we did not allow her to do that as I was afraid of her being on her own on such a big ship.

We are cruising again on Oasis in May, and the kids club is what my granddaughter is most looking forward to!

I have twins who are 14 and have been cruising on Royal since they were 7. They absolutely loved the kids club so much we have had to drag them out of there. As they got older they were not happy in the teen program. Honestly letting a 12 year old roam free on a ship is just not for me. Last year they did the teen program on the Brillance. Yes it is a much smaller ship, and I was more comfortable with it as they were. We were going to sail the Oasis again and my kids asked to go on a smaller ship so they could feel comfortable roaming the ship by themselves. We booked the Independence and can't wait. On another note Adventure Ocean will allow a 12 or 13 year old in with the younger group if the child is well behaved. When my son was 12 and uncomfortable on the Oasis teen club they let him in that program no problem.

I have twins who are 14 and have been cruising on Royal since they were 7. They absolutely loved the kids club so much we have had to drag them out of there. As they got older they were not happy in the teen program. Honestly letting a 12 year old roam free on a ship is just not for me. Last year they did the teen program on the Brillance. Yes it is a much smaller ship, and I was more comfortable with it as they were. We were going to sail the Oasis again and my kids asked to go on a smaller ship so they could feel comfortable roaming the ship by themselves. We booked the Independence and can't wait. On another note Adventure Ocean will allow a 12 or 13 year old in with the younger group if the child is well behaved. When my son was 12 and uncomfortable on the Oasis teen club they let him in that program no problem.

I have a daughter who will be 12 on our cruise in July. I feel the same way as you about a 12 year old roaming the ship, so I've been a little concerned about it. I'm glad to hear that they let your son in the younger group. My other girls are 10 (twins), so I'm hoping my 12 year old will be allowed in the group with them.

• 2 months later...
Also interested in this but for a toddler (18 months)...

Toddlers are not eligible for the Adventure Ocean program, but many of the ships now have a Royal Babies and Royal Tots Nursery. You have to sign up for each time you bring your child, and you pay extra, but it is a wonderful program and worth the money imo. Here is a flyer with info from a cruise two years ago that gives more details.

In addition to the nursery - which is run very well, there is a free play area set up every day with age appropriate toys. Your little one will have to be accompanied by you or another adult; the staff only comes in to check about once an hour.

They also have a toy lending program, so you don't have to pack lots of toys for your cabin.

Royal Babies info low res.pdf

DD has been attending AO since she was 6 months old, now 13!!

Loves it and we think the staff are just excellent

Never had any issues and know when DD is in the club she is totally safe.

On our most recent cruise DD was at that age where she was no longer in a supervised organized group, purely due to the demographics of that particular cruise she did not enjoy as much.

See AO link in my signature for all the programs and activities offered

IMO a very professional program run by RC

Happy Days!

DD has been attending AO since she was 6 months old, now 13!!

Loves it and we think the staff are just excellent

Never had any issues and know when DD is in the club she is totally safe.

On our most recent cruise DD was at that age where she was no longer in a supervised organized group, purely due to the demographics of that particular cruise she did not enjoy as much.

See AO link in my signature for all the programs and activities offered

IMO a very professional program run by RC

Happy Days!

Just to confirm as there seems to be some confusion. A child is not eligible for AO until they are at least 3 and fully potty trained. No assistance will be given. The nursery available on many but not all ships is not free.

Just to confirm as there seems to be some confusion. A child is not eligible for AO until they are at least 3 and fully potty trained. No assistance will be given. The nursery available on many but not all ships is not free.

I'm not confused;)

AO is just a general term for the WHOLE kids program on RC

Agreed before 3 it is tots n royals and babies and all that stuff:)

I'm not confused;)

AO is just a general term for the WHOLE kids program on RC

Agreed before 3 it is tots n royals and babies and all that stuff:)

I know you're not - lol - but many newbies have been very disappointed to find that they are not on a ship that provides a drop off service for babies and toddlers but has only the "mommy and me" type groups where a parent must be present.

I know you're not - lol - but many newbies have been very disappointed to find that they are not on a ship that provides a drop off service for babies and toddlers but has only the "mommy and me" type groups where a parent must be present.

Hear you on that Geri, when DD was that young we used in room sitters, so skipped the Royal Babies & Tots program.:)

My sons have gone through all the levels of AO, and my take on it is that the kids always have fun in the organized activities (Aquanauts, Explorers, Voyagers), but once they hit 12 and join the teen club it all depends on what other teens are on the boat. The teens all seem to clique up pretty quickly, so if they don't sync up with other kids the first day or two they end up getting left out. It's the whole high school dynamic, but condensed to the length of the cruise. My sons like the bigger ships for teen club since there's a much bigger group of teens so they have a better chance of making friends with similar interests. When they are younger in the organized groups the staff will combine groups depending on how many kids are participating and the activities are more of a focus than making friends.

I don't want to paint a horrible picture of the teen club. It's just that it can be hit or miss, compared to them always enjoying the under 12 AO. My boys have met friends they continue keep in touch with once they get home, and they also lobby us to go on the same cruises as their friends (on Oasis or Allure).

Gerif,

I AM A NEWBIE to RC but not to cruising. I've been researching ROYAL babies NURSERY not the programme using the search engine for a few weeks now. Our baby girl is 17 months and is like a little tornado ;)

We sailed Disney last year when she was 5 months but they have now changed their baby age policy so just sailed with her in the nick of time!!

Anyway, I was delighted to discover that RC offer a nursery because I prefer her to be entertained in the kids club rather than 'in room' babysitting.

The problem I have is trying to work out which ships offer the NURSERY, I have searched on the RC website but the information is not clear. For example, if I look at the Independence of the Seas in the ship details section it lists 'Royal Babies Nursery' in the highlights. However, if I search For a list of RC ships with Royal Babies Nursery it doesn't come up that IOS has a nursery? Again, each time I search I type in NURSERY not PROGRAMME.

Is there a list anywhere? I'm afraid to ring in case their agents get it wrong given all the confusion surrounding this issue.

We will be in Orlando in August and can sail on either the Freedom, Oasis or Indy all within travelling distance.

Thanks for posting the nursery flyer it's really helpful

Babyh200, I had to go look at each ship's deck plans to find this info out, but I believe I have an answer for you.

All of the Freedom class and larger ships were built with a nursery, so you know you are safe there. (Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis, Allure, Quantum, Anthem, and the new ships being deployed soon.)

On the Voyager class, Navigator was the first to be retrofitted. Mariner also has a nursery. The description for Explorer says there is a nursery, but I have NOT found it on the deck plans. This means either they updated the description in error or forgot to update the deck plans! (Voyager and Adventure do NOT)

In the Radiance class, Radiance, Serenade and Brilliance have the nursery. (Jewel does NOT). Keep in mind that these are retro fits, so they may not have a much room as those on the larger ships. I have not seen any of these in person, but someone on the boards may have used one and would know.

I am happy to see that all of the Vision class have been retrofitted with a nursery - that's Vision, Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Legend and Splendour.

Majesty's description says it has one, but I could not find it on the deck plans. Since it is the oldest ship, and soon to leave the fleet, I would be surprised if there was one.

My granddaughter went to kids club last September on the Freedom of the Seas towards the end of the cruise and she loved it! She is so looking forward to it for our May cruise. And we are too! We are raising her and as grand parents we need some rest :-)

Edited by Nickymjw1
added name of ship

which would have been me. We planned a cruise for next march and after reading this decided to wait til April when GS turned 3 already.

So it was very good information for a newbie. (24 cruises done--LOL

im looking for the 9-11 group

Edited by serene56

We have done a few cruises with the kids where they have enjoyed AO. The kids are ds 10 and dd 8. Our most recent trip was on the Vision and they were just not that interested in AO this time. We had them try it on our 1st sea day ( and gave them the option of signing themselves out as we were going to be on the pool deck) and they stayed maybe 60 minutes. The most recent cruises before our Vision one were on Disney and there is more stuff for kids to do in their kids programs- so they may have gotten a bit spoiled. And for my 10 year old...there were no other kids his age in the program.

I was happy to have the kids with us more this trip, so it was a win win for everyone.

Toddlers are not eligible for the Adventure Ocean program, but many of the ships now have a Royal Babies and Royal Tots Nursery. You have to sign up for each time you bring your child, and you pay extra, but it is a wonderful program and worth the money imo. Here is a flyer with info from a cruise two years ago that gives more details.

In addition to the nursery - which is run very well, there is a free play area set up every day with age appropriate toys. Your little one will have to be accompanied by you or another adult; the staff only comes in to check about once an hour.

They also have a toy lending program, so you don't have to pack lots of toys for your cabin.

Thank you for this info. We will be on Anthem next year and this comes in handy!