Internet Packages

sail7seas

HAL was experimenting with various packages and I've lost track what the rates now are.

I read of Zuiderdam trying a 7 day package for $149 but then never read about it again.

Is Westerdam still doing these packages:

100 minutes $50 plus $3.95 start up

250 minutes $100 plus $3.95 start up

1,000 minutes ? How much?

Does Westerdam have a 7 day package for their short cruises?

Thanks.

S7S, This was the same pricing on the Westerdam on January 10th when he embarked. I can't recall what the price was on the 1,000 minute package.

We've lived without the Internet on our last two cruises, which didn't go well with my 16-year old granddaughter. :eek:

S7S, This was the same pricing on the Westerdam on January 10th when he embarked. I can't recall what the price was on the 1,000 minute package.

We've lived without the Internet on our last two cruises, which didn't go well with my 16-year old granddaughter. :eek:

1,000 minute package is $250. If you buy it the first or second day, and stop by the Internet help desk in the Explorations Cafe to let them know, they'll add an extra 100 minutes on.

I boarded the Zuiderdam on 1/23 for the 10 day Panama Canal cruise and, because of a last minute situation at home, we decided to buy the $149 unlimited internet package so we could stay in touch. I asked the IT person what to expect in terms of consistent connectivity and she alerted me that it would be very dependent on where I was on the ship, and not to expect to be able to upload pictures.

To my surprise, I've found the opposite to be true. I am able to connect quickly just about anywhere on the ship, and have sent pictures to friends as well as uploaded them easily to FaceBook.

Today, when we are at sea for the day, it's been a little slower but still acceptable.

I am very pleased!