Idea's for Meet & Greets

anewmac

My roll call has planned a few different activities, but I was just interested in anything else people have done. Thought it would be great to get 1 more for our last sea day to say Goodbye to everyone.

So far we have a Meet & Greet at the Tides bar on embark day.

A Slot Pull

Then a Cabin Crawl.

What are some things you all have done on board?

1) I've also done a gift exchange. Bring something that represents your home town, state, or personality, wrapped and it gets a number. Then draw numbers to find which gift you get! Try to guess who it's from to thank them!

In BIG, over 30 folks, this gets long -- then, it's just exchange and on the thread you use, after the cruise, you can talk about what you received and guess from whom.

2) Celebrate reasons for the cruise: birthdays, anniversaries, on leave from active duty, etc... Either at the party -- or schedule meets later in cruise to sit close together at a lunch.

3) Contact Carnival, and make it a cocktail party. Everyone has to pay a flat fee and you need a minimum of (I think) 20.

4) Name tags, coozies, t-shirts, etc -- are great!

5) We schedule pajama parties and toga parties for the later, maybe at deck parties. We all go in PJs and stay together during the dancing.

6) We schedule a time for all of us to meet for the slides or ropes/sky course.

7) We've also scheduled a morning/sunrise or sunset meet to do a remembrance... of those we've lost and would have wanted to cruised with. We have bubbles to blow and let rise to the sky, and each can share a few words about who they lost.

I don't know if you wanted these types of ideas...

Edited by LambKnuckles

There are so many different activities that you can do as a group....

• Mini Golf Putt Putt Tourney
  • Gift Exchange (we have done this one a few times with gifs from our hometowns or home state)
  • Bar Krawl on the ship
  • Door Decorating Contest
  • Group Excursions
  • Slot Pull
  • Cabin Crawl
  • Have a Fun Hat or Costume Party and meet up at a Bar onboard

If you don't schedule a private room for the meet & greet (where you pay Carnival for the drink package) we have chosen a pool bar & a time to meet. Then everyone wears "mardi gras" type beads, which you can buy at most Dollar stores. This way you can identify others in the group. Last time I brought extra beads for those who forgot or thought they would get away with not sporting the beads!