Summer time, casual dressing <?>

LoveyHowell

We are trying to persuade our travel friends to do a B2B with us on Carnival Splendor this summer; 8 day Bahamas B2B with 7 day Canada/New England; last week of August / first week of September.

We usually go in for a house at the beach for either 7 to 10 days, but they've never cruised and have expressed some interest. Our friends are very laid back people and asked if beach / resort casual wear is fine for the cruise. They're both in executive sales positions but they will not get dressed up at the beach (well, the guys will dress resort casual for a one really nice dinner out per trip) but otherwise golf shifts and shorts are the order for the day for the men and cute dresses for us ladies.

I assume this is pretty A-OK on Carnival SPlendor but figured I'd ask people about their actual experiences and then send them the link (they are not on CC).

We are trying to persuade our travel friends to do a B2B with us on Carnival Splendor this summer; 8 day Bahamas B2B with 7 day Canada/New England; last week of August / first week of September.

We usually go in for a house at the beach for either 7 to 10 days, but they've never cruised and have expressed some interest. Our friends are very laid back people and asked if beach / resort casual wear is fine for the cruise. They're both in executive sales positions but they will not get dressed up at the beach (well, the guys will dress resort casual for a one really nice dinner out per trip) but otherwise golf shifts and shorts are the order for the day for the men and cute dresses for us ladies.

I assume this is pretty A-OK on Carnival SPlendor but figured I'd ask people about their actual experiences and then send them the link (they are not on CC).

Perfectly fine. They will have approximately 4 "elegant: nights during that time where a shirt and tie will put you middle or toward top of the pack - it has gotten to the point that "traditional" semi formal (tux as opposed to tails which is traditional formal) isn't really seen on Carnival at all. You might see some suits and sport coats...but here is the definition for those dressier nights:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

And the every day standard:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants.

Edited by A&Jfamily

My husband wears shorts and polo shirts and I wear shorts and cotton tops to dinner on Cruise Casual nights. He wears khakis, a button shirt and a tie and I wear a skirt and blouse on Elegant Nights.

Hope that helps.

Have a great cruise.

Sounds fine for during the day but there has been many discussions about shorts in the MDR for dinner at night.

Discussion should include that's acceptable to wear them to dinner in the dining room.

All they ask on elegant nights is for men to wear pants. A recent poster showed where even that suggestion was removed on their cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would suggest that they wear the same outfit for all of the casual elegant nights. Who's going to notice if it is the same? That way packing will be much easier. Also, my husband wears jeans on some nights to the MDR. He does wear a nice polo type shirt with them...and as everyone knows you can wear the same pair of jeans over and over. In the past I have stressed over what to wear in the MDR, but no longer. I do dress nicely, but don't go overboard.