Shareholder Credit Question (CCL)

takeadip

Astro Flyer and dazee8, thank you very much for your input.

Greatly appreciated!!

Best of luck! Like Astro Flyer stated confirmation sometimes is a few hours or a day or two. Great benefit to take advantage of for every cruise. :D

CCL stock is one of the best investments I ever made. Besides all the OBC for 28 cruises, the stock has appreciated more than 50% and it has paid a dividend as well.

Does anyone know of a cruise line with a better loyalty program than Princess?

CCL stock is one of the best investments I ever made. Besides all the OBC for 28 cruises, the stock has appreciated more than 50% and it has paid a dividend as well.

I bought 100 shares of CUK about four years ago, which has also turned out to be a good investment. As of July 2 CUK was $51.83, CCL was $49.86. Both offer the same shareholder benefit and are traded on the NYSE. Edited by billco

Hello experts!

I've previously searched the boards and read that the shareholder OBC applies to shares held within a 401k. I just wanted to reconfirm that this is still accurate. Thanks for your help! Happy 4th of July!

Holly

As long as they are held in your name, you are eligible. You will have to supply a brokerage report showing the purchase or holding dated within 90 days of the sailing.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. I don't sail as often as you do, and after I bought CCL it slid downward and languished in the doldrums for quite a while. It took a few cruises' worth of OBCs to offset my paper losses. Now the stock is back up and I have a nice if smallish paper profit in addition to all those lovely OBCs. But hey, the Chinese stock market is down 30% in less than a month. Can't-miss IPOs have turned out to be turkeys. The US market is near all-time highs. If you'd bought the stock 4 1/2 years ago, you would have seen a rise in share price of 1% a year, lower than many, many alternate investments. Stuff happens.

If you have five thousands bucks to play around with, plan on taking a lot of Carnival Corp. cruises, and will never potentially have to cash out the stock at a loss, then CCL is a good investment. But not a sure thing.

Edited by shepp

Is there an updated form? The one that I can find says it is valid for sailings through 31 July 2015.

They would accept the form with the old date but here is the current SOBC application form.

It is not required to use the form but it ensures an accurate submission so they can quickly issue the credit. They said that too often submissions lack essential info including a way to contact passengers to request the info which slows down the process for everyone.

Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf