Regal Princess MDR Menu day

34XB

Don't quote me because my memory isn't as good as it was but I remember seeing where that menu was the first formal night. That's fine with me since I don't do formal nights and, to be honest, I wasn't all that interested in the menu selections. Your mileage....

I now recall it is called "The Menu of the Decades" where Princess highlights special dishes of the first 50 years. So is that Tuesday night on the Regal while at sea?

Don't quote me because my memory isn't as good as it was but I remember seeing where that menu was the first formal night. That's fine with me since I don't do formal nights and, to be honest, I wasn't all that interested in the menu selections. Your mileage....

RocketMan, I think your memory is fine. That is what we remember. The first formal night. We were on a B2B and saw it twice.

I now recall it is called "The Menu of the Decades" where Princess highlights special dishes of the first 50 years. So is that Tuesday night on the Regal while at sea?

Yes it was.:cool:

BTW, here is the menu if anyone is interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xzx184kccfdmax/50th%20Anniversary%20Keepsake%20Menu.pdf?dl=0

Edited by ar1950

I know tastes vary and preparation skill is part of the equation, but this is honestly one of the best meals I've had on a formal night in 35 years of sailing with Princess. No hyperbole: everything was perfectly executed and it was the single best piece of fish I've had on board. If I were to skip a formal night, I'd skip the other one.

• 2 weeks later...

A link to the menu on the website:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf

On a 3-day cruise on the Crown it was offered on the "dress to impress" evening which is as close as they have to formal night. The menu didn't interst me as much as going to the Crown Grill.