Best Days For Specialty Dining On Regal

dhdoug

I would go either Wednesday or Thursday night after your days in St. Thomas and St. Maarten and would choose by which island on which you planned to do less than the other one. When you get on the ship, you can also ask to see the menus for the week if what's offered in the main dining rooms will sway your decision.

Just book as soon as you can. We were on the Regal last week and we called about two days into the cruise and one evening there were only two slots available and the next night they said they were booked. While we were dining in the Crown we noticed that there were many tables not occupied and they didn't seem to be all that busy. I don't know, maybe they leave some tables open for walk-ins.

I would highly recommend the Winemaker's Dinner if you enjoy wine. It's very limited with dining for only 12 so you'll want to book as soon as you get onboard. It's a lot of fun with excellent paring of wine with a wonderful meal. The servers we had were great and very engaging.

Even dining on the Horizon court is nice. In the evening they put out cloth napkins and wine glasses and the servers are always ready and willing to take care of any dining need you may have.

Have a great time.....we are still re-living the entire cruise this first week back to reality knowing where they are located and what is going on.

It also depends on whether or not you want to do formal night. If not, then those nights are great for the specialty restaurants, because they are always smart casual. We don't do the formal thing anymore (teenagers and elderly parents put the kabosh on it!), so on formal nights you will find us at Sabatini's or the Crown Grill.

See you a month from today!!

I would go either Wednesday or Thursday night after your days in St. Thomas and St. Maarten and would choose by which island on which you planned to do less than the other one. When you get on the ship, you can also ask to see the menus for the week if what's offered in the main dining rooms will sway your decision.

I have a different spin on the first part of this, but agree with the second part, (check the menus and base it off of that). As for the first part, St. Maarten/Martin is the culinary epicenter of the Caribbean. One might want to partake in a gourmet lunch in Grand Case or Marigot while on shore. (Exactly what we intend to do on our upcoming cruise). But by doing that, I would skip paying extra for dinner that night. Two full gourmet meals in one day would be too much. So on SXM day, we will be inclined to go light on the dinner. As a general rule, we find the menus on Sailaway and Landfall days to be the least attractive, and almost always book Specialty dining on the first and last nights of the cruise. If we do a third night in a Specialty, it would be on the day we visit St. Thomas.