Bar-setup

Cruiser#5

Not sure if this is the place to post these questions, but since this thread is all about booze and the Star, I will give it a shot (no pun intended).

1. If you purchase wine by the bottle on board (whether via the bar set up method or after you are on board), can you bring the bottle with you to a restaurant? (If the answer is yes, I assume it would make sense to bring the receipt with you to prove it is NCL wine.)

2. If you purchase a bottle of wine in a restaurant and only drink half of it, can you cork the bottle and bring the rest back to your cabin?

3. Can you walk anywhere on the ship with an open bottle of beer or glass of wine? If not, what are the restrictions?

Thanks in advance for the answers I'm sure you cruise vets will be able to provide.

gregg

hmm, does that mean I should call them and request email confirmation?

Not sure why you'd bother. Call and ask if it would make you feel better, but as I stated before, it got me absolutely nowhere. Drove myself crazy with frustration.

Can't answer your second question, as I've yet to sail with the bar setup. Others who have experience will answer that question, I'm sure! ;)

Not sure if this is the place to post these questions, but since this thread is all about booze and the Star, I will give it a shot (no pun intended).

1. If you purchase wine by the bottle on board (whether via the bar set up method or after you are on board), can you bring the bottle with you to a restaurant? (If the answer is yes, I assume it would make sense to bring the receipt with you to prove it is NCL wine.)

2. If you purchase a bottle of wine in a restaurant and only drink half of it, can you cork the bottle and bring the rest back to your cabin?

3. Can you walk anywhere on the ship with an open bottle of beer or glass of wine? If not, what are the restrictions?

Thanks in advance for the answers I'm sure you cruise vets will be able to provide.

gregg

Yes, the whole ship is licensed.

On the Jewel, you can re-cork and have in any restaurant on another night.

gregg

Why would you bring your NCL purchased wine to the restaurant? Purchase it at dinner. If they have the buy 5 get 1 free, you will be eligible.

Your wine is held in a special place on board and when you go to dinner, or lunch, they will bring your opened wine to your table (I have never had that problem:D ) You can even take it from the table and drink in in your cabin or at another bar........or out on the deck under the stars.

No restrictions on walking around with your drinks.

Cactusmo...

You said that you got a bar set up in Hawaii. What ship was that? We are on the POAM and I was told they do not offer bar set ups for some reason. Maybe because we don't leave american waters.

Just curious, as I would much prefer to make my own drinks. I am trying to follow the rules here....but they aren't making it easy.

We were on the Wind which does make a stop outside of Hawaii, so maybe that is why we got the setup.

Not sure why you'd bother. Call and ask if it would make you feel better, but as I stated before, it got me absolutely nowhere. Drove myself crazy with frustration.

Can't answer your second question, as I've yet to sail with the bar setup. Others who have experience will answer that question, I'm sure! ;)

Well, I'll probably just take my cc receipt with me. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume if they're organized enough to bill me then they're organized to get what they've charged me for to my cabin.

Well, I'll probably just take my cc receipt with me. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume if they're organized enough to bill me then they're organized to get what they've charged me for to my cabin.

A superb idea! I firmly believe that they are indeed organized enough to get your bar set-up in the cabin. I'm sure everything will be fine! :D

hmm, does that mean I should call them and request email confirmation?

Also, the bar set up should be there when we get into the cabin, right? What if it's not? Should we go to the Pursers with our credit card receipt? Should we wait until later (like around dinner)?

We had bar set up on our 10/16 cruise on the Star and the bottle was in the room waiting for us when we boarded. If it isnt then I would call the front desk asap so they can get it taken care of and you can have that first relaxing drink in your room as soon as possible. If the plan is for delivering the bottles later, they would be able to let you know that as well. Better to know the answer early and not wonder . Enjoy

We had bar set up on our 10/16 cruise on the Star and the bottle was in the room waiting for us when we boarded. If it isnt then I would call the front desk asap so they can get it taken care of and you can have that first relaxing drink in your room as soon as possible. If the plan is for delivering the bottles later, they would be able to let you know that as well. Better to know the answer early and not wonder . Enjoy

Good idea. That's what we'll do.:)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived