Martini Bar on Coral?

js10

Is there a martini bar on Coral Princess? If not, what is the most elegant bar on the ship? Also, can anyone offer names of specific bartenders that are especially friendly and talented?

Many thanks,

js

Is there a martini bar on Coral Princess? If not, what is the most elegant bar on the ship? Also, can anyone offer names of specific bartenders that are especially friendly and talented?

Many thanks,

js

Crooner's, Deck 7 mid ship, is considered a martini bar. Normally in Crooner's you can hear music from the atrium on Deck 5 starting around dinner time, and there will normally be a piano player/singer in Crooner's starting at 9pm. To my taste the most elegant bar is the Wheelhouse Bar, soft leather chairs, mahogany walls and tables. They will have martini's there also. Live music is normally a group that plays easy listening ballroom dance music.

we were in Crooners while some kind of champagne give a way was happening. our server, mr magic man, saw to it we had plenty of champagne to have with the martinis :D

the wheelhouse bar might be our favorite though... but then again, there was the Wake View on the Sapphire... hmmm...

We haven't sailed Coral Princess yet (that's coming up), but we've enjoyed Crooner's Bar on every other Princess ship we've sailed. I think they put the most outgoing, friendliest, best bartender's and bar waiter's in Crooner's.

I'd agree that it's not elegant, but it's more like a "Cheers" bar, IMO, which we much prefer.

The Wheelhouse Bar is probably more "elegant" if that's what you're looking for.

Crooners on the Coral is nothing like the bar in Cheers. I'll go out on a limb and say that no Crooners bar on any ship resembles Cheers in any way, be it decor or atmosphere.

OP, the most elegant bar is probably Adagio; unfortunately, that's not available on the Coral. But Crooners and the Wheelhouse are both very nice indeed, although much different vibes. Try 'em all! That's the nice thing about being on a ship: easy to bar hop without having to risk an intoxicated driving offense!

Thanks for the info! I enjoy talking with the staff to learn about their home countries, life on board, etc. and have found the bartenders the easiest to get to know when they are not swamped. It is probably an unfair generalization, but I have also found the bartenders at the nicer bars to be the friendliest and most interesting.

js

I know of 2 bartenders who are currently on the Coral. Rhobbie and Romeo. Both were on the Royal when we were on it last April and we had met Rhobbie on a previous cruise. Both are very friendly and excellent bartenders. If you do see them please tell them Pauline and Jim were asking for them. Enjoy your cruise.