Best price you ever got?

airhead22

I don't know if this is a no-no, and I am not being nosey, but I would just like to know if we got a good price on our cruise. We are booked 4 people in an 8A guaranty and as of now have been place in an 8H. We are 36 days out and booked through a ta 2 months ago. Our final price was 600pp. Did we do good?:confused:

If that $600 includes taxes and port charges that seems pretty good for an 8H. I'm assuming a 7 day cruise? Some cruise ports are more expensive than others-- The Glory always seems more expensive than the Triumph or the Valor, even for the same itinerary.

At this point, don't worry about the cost! You didn't overpay.

Laura

We all thought these prices for a 7 day Miami cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios were fabulous! Not too late to book still too! Check it out! (official CC Cruise too!)

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 715 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 839 pp

Balcony (Cat 8A): $ 965 pp

Mini-Suite (Cat 11): $ 1449 pp

Penthouse Suite (Cat 12): $ 1969 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include port charges and gov’t fees.

Single (Cat 1A): $ 1009 pp

3rd and 4th rates are subject to change….currently they are as follows:

Inside (Cat 4A): $ 585 pp

Oceanview (Cat 6A): $ 609 pp

Balconies and Suites (Cat 8A, 11 and 12): $ 635 pp

Amenities:

$ 100 p/cabin on-board credit

Cruise Critic Lanyards (1 per person)

Cruise Critic Magnets (1 per stateroom)

15% discount on all other Cruise Critic merchandise

In 2004, Sensation out of Tampa, Thur-Mon to Cozumel. It was a last minute special (2 weeks out) in the month of Feb,

219.00 total including all taxes and port charges- cat 5a 2 portholes.

My husband couldnt get off work on such sort notice, so I went with a girfriend. We had a blast- but still wish my husband could have come!

Well I thought our price for a peak season OV this past May on the Glory of $529 was great, but we scored a Balcony 8A GTY on the Triumph 7 nights for $509 (all taxes/charges included) this December. The was with the Military rate.

Airhead...that is a wonderful price and if I am not mistaken , that category 8H is right before a mini-suite, so I would say you did a great job! We have been on the Miracle and it is a lovely ship. Have a fun time.

not on Carnival but on RCI, 7-day out of San Juan on the AOS this upcoming December for $539 pp for an superior oceanview on deck 9, very front of ship.

Best price on Carnival is the S&S group price for balcony 8A gty, $799 pp (7-day out of NOLA on Conquest)

I'm happy with our online booking agent - a bare buns outfit that gives such good rates even the PVP's tell you to book with them when they hear the prices. Only once do I feel I MAY have overpaid & that was with a landbased TA.

December 2001, post 9/11, on RCI Majesty of the Seas. 5 Day, inside gty. Cruise price was $50, taxes and port charges were $129. TOTAL WAS $179.00 pp.

I realize it was because so many people cancelled out of fear and this low price was a result, but I was determined to go on with my life, and when I saw this price, I COULD NOT REFUSE.

You gotta remember also that we will be 4 in a room and we divided the price evenly. We first thought we got a good price, but only that we got an 8H do I think it was a deal. I think our cruise is sold out now, 5 weeks out.

I got two 1a porthole cabins for four people for 2200 on the Victory. Subtract $200 for my shareholder credit and another $200 for redeemed credits with Capital 1 and all in all it was $450 per person for a one week cruise. Why do I consider this a bargain? Because it was during xmas last year! I want another cheap xmas this year, but Santa doesn't look like he will deliver :(

My DH and I just got off the Legend - 8/17 sailing - 8 days- cat. 6 (inside) including port charges/taxes -$499.00 per person - directly thru Carnival - booked 12 days before sailing. Thought that was a great deal.

I think we got pretty nice price for California Coastal in April (school vacation here in NE) on Celebrity Mercury. It was inside 7 days $560 pp.

Got pretty nice price for upcoming cruise on Carnival Liberty...

For 3 of us $1569 including everything (taxes, port charges etc). It will be 6 dayer in inside, but it's also Thanksgiving week, so I was pretty amazed to find this price. (It's internet only agency though, but proven by many and very good with e-mails)

Everything is relative. Our threshold price seems to be $100 pp per day. If prices are above that, I usually don't want to go. We've been able to have the highest category of balcony cabin on a Princess ship at that price--but we've also paid more than that to get an obstructed view cabin on a cruise to Alaska during the peak season.

I've signed up to get email alerts from several cruise lines and Internet travel agencies. Sometimes the deals are great. Friends of ours took a 14-night trans-Atlantic cruise this past spring for $50 pp per day and were upgraded from an inside cabin to a balcony.

You gotta remember also that we will be 4 in a room and we divided the price evenly. We first thought we got a good price, but only that we got an 8H do I think it was a deal. I think our cruise is sold out now, 5 weeks out.

I saw you on the boards and wanted to say Hi! Have you booked all your excursions yet! I only have Stingray city booked so far, and haven't decided yet on what will do in Costa Maya or Belize.

I have done Capt. Bryans stingray and Coral Breeze for cave tubing. We are gonna beach it via taxi at the other 2 stops. What is your room number? We gotta get together before we go. Our family had birthday thing (mine!) last weekend.

Archived