Dining Room on Paradise for your time dining

mwood0612

We had Your Time Dining on the Paradise in early December and do not recommend. Had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes each dinner. We've done YTD before on Legend and Breeze with no issues, but on Paradise it didn't seem ideal. If we saile Paradise, (or any Fantasy class ship), in the future, we'll be certain to get either early or late seating.

Still had a fantastic time. :)

We had Your Time Dining on the Paradise in early December and do not recommend. Had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes each dinner. We've done YTD before on Legend and Breeze with no issues, but on Paradise it didn't seem ideal. If we saile Paradise, (or any Fantasy class ship), in the future, we'll be certain to get either early or late seating.

Thanks for the heads up!!! How many people were in your party? We may switch to late dining if we can? Also, what time did you typically go? We like to go about 7:15-7:30 normally!!

Thanks for the heads up!!! How many people were in your party? We may switch to late dining if we can? Also, what time did you typically go? We like to go about 7:15-7:30 normally!!

if you go about 7:00 your wait will be about 15-20 as you are waiting for the people who went at 6pm to get finished.

Its only one deck for any time dining or is it both?

Edited by serene56

We sailed Paradise at the end of July and never had a wait for YTD.

We sailed Paradise at the end of July and never had a wait for YTD.

I'm hoping this is the case for us!!! We did YTD on Conquest last April and never waited any longer than about 5 minutes!! I've seen a lot of people comment that it depended on when you show up! So I will keep my fingers crossed, worse case scenario we go to the bar and have a drink while we wait!!! :D

Just my husband and myself. We showed up for dinner between 6:30 to 8:30. Was handed a buzzy thing each and every time. Average wait was 30 minutes. Waited so long on Elegant night we bailed and had prime rib at the buffet in our dressy clothes!

I know, you'll hear from lots of people that that was NOT their experience. But it was ours. We've had nothing but positive YTD experiences on Legend and Breeze. But Paradise was very different. Next time we'll pick assigned dining.

:)

Edited by Surfwench
correct

JWe showed up for dinner between 6:30 to 8:30. :)

When people say they did not have to wait or their wait was short they should post the time they went-- it does make a difference

Heading there at 6:30 when majority of the diners already showed up between 5:45 and 6:00 you are needing to wait at 6:30 until the first round of diners finish up, tables turned over etc.

Next time try 7:00 or 8:45

This is why we will not do Any time any more.

Wait times depend of time of arrival at the hostess stand, number in your party, willingness (or not) to share a table and the mixture of pax on your cruise.

Mom and I had a HORRIBLE!!!! experience on the Imagination's first cruise out of Long Beach. The line to get the beeper was wrapped around the atrium to the glass elevators all night (even up to 8:30) then another wait to be seated.

What made that worse was the buffet food was the worst in 30 Carnival cruises. If it was our first cruise we wouldn't have gone on another.

Mom refuses to go on Imagination again. DH and I went on a 2 day confirm that our experience was an anomaly. It was. At the 'witching hour' of 7p there were only a few ahead of us and a very short wait.