2 Internet Packages

Iamthesea

Can two Internet Packages, under the same name, be used at same time on different devices in same stateroom? Let me explain.

I am taking my two adult daughters on a cruise. I am Elite and will receive the free 90 Internet minutes. I will be using them on my iPad. At the same time, I am the 3rd person in the stateroom and will also receive free 40 Internet minutes included in the 123 promo.

I would like to give my daughter the 40 minutes for her own ipad to keep in touch with her DH and young son while we cruise.

Is the above possible since both the packages are in my name and we are in the same stateroom? I guess I am having trouble figuring out how to sign in.

Can two Internet Packages, under the same name, be used at same time on different devices in same stateroom? Let me explain.

I am taking my two adult daughters on a cruise. I am Elite and will receive the free 90 Internet minutes. I will be using them on my iPad. At the same time, I am the 3rd person in the stateroom and will also receive free 40 Internet minutes included in the 123 promo.

I would like to give my daughter the 40 minutes for her own ipad to keep in touch with her DH and young son while we cruise.

Is the above possible since both the packages are in my name and we are in the same stateroom? I guess I am having trouble figuring out how to sign in.

When you initially set up each account, you need to assign each one a unique user name and password code.

(I don't remember if those are the actual terms that Celebrity uses for them, but they are two items that you create yourself to identify that particular account, just as when you create an internet account anywhere else.)

Then anyone who can provide those two pieces of information can access that account, from any device at any location on the ship.

But on second thought, if both packages are initially assigned to the same seapass card, you may need to ask the internet lab people to split them into 2 separate accounts for you.

Edited by fleckle

When you initially set up each account, you need to assign each one a unique user name and password code.

(I don't remember if those are the actual terms that Celebrity uses for them, but they are two items that you create yourself to identify that particular account, just as when you create an internet account anywhere else.)

Then anyone who can provide those two pieces of information can access that account, from any device at any location on the ship.

Folio # and room #?

Thanks, I thought that's what would need to be done. I always use the same Sign-In name and password when I cruise, but because the initial account has to be set-up using my Folio number and stateroom number, I just wasn't sure if we would be allowed to use two packages at the same time when it's under one name.

Edited by Iamthesea

But on second thought, if both packages are initially assigned to the same seapass card, you may need to ask the internet lab people to split them into 2 separate accounts for you.

Or on third thought, another possibility would be to switch the second and third names on your reservation in advance (should be able to do it with one phone call), so that the two internet packages would be assigned to two different seapass cards.

The reason I am even suggesting this at all is that I just remembered someone had posted here a long time ago with the reverse situation, a husband and wife wanting to combine both their internet packages on one account, and they were not allowed to do it.

I need to leave my name as the 3rd person because I do not drink much alcohol, so I gave the Alcoholic packages to my daughters. Celebrity said that only the first two on the reservation get the drink packages.

When DH and I cruise together, I use up my Elite 90 minute package, and then I use his. :D No need to combine them.

Edited by Iamthesea

When DH and I cruise together, I use up my Elite 90 minute package, and then I use his. :D No need to combine them.
That is an entirely different situation because a 90 minute package gets assigned to each of your seapass cards and you get 2 separate internet accounts.

So it would not matter in the slightest whether you were logged into both internet accounts at the same time or used them consecutively.

But with your current situation, they may put both your internet packages on one seapass card and limit you to only one internet account.

If they do it that way, all 3 of you could still use the account, but not at the same time.

That is why I suggested asking the internet people if they could split the packages between 2 accounts, since you originally asked if two of you could be be logged on using different devices at the same time.

It would really be nice in your case if they would assign a separate account for each package you are getting.

If your daughters are willing to wait and take turns, then it won't matter.

Just make sure they are aware that they need to log out of the Celebrity account at the end of each session to stop the clock from running and to keep track of how many minutes are left.

They should know that it does not automatically shut you down when you have used up all your minutes (unless they have changed the system recently).

Some passengers have become very upset when they unknowingly ran over and their shipboard account was charged extra for the extra time they used.

Edited by fleckle

I'll ask the tech, or just use the one device and let my daughter get in touch with her family when needed. All I do is check and send emails, anyway. :rolleyes:

I've got that log-out thing always in my mind when I am using my packages online. I mostly try to read and reply without being online, and then I log in real quick to send. then log out. I was able to stretch our 2 90 minute packages on a 12 night cruise last year.;)

Thanks for the suggestions.:)