Norwegian Spirit still using old menus?

ohioNCLcruiser

Hey Everyone,

I'm cruising on the Spirit in a few weeks and just read they don't have the updated menus yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this who has recently cruised? The past couple of years I have been disappointed in NCL's complimentary food options and quality but I LOVED the new menus. I hope this isn't true! :(

Let us know how she looks- we are going at the end of the year.

As far as recent travelers, maybe da painter will chime in as they went a month ago. They had a thread but can't recall if they covered menus.

Have a great time.

Edited by dexddd

Hey Everyone,

I'm cruising on the Spirit in a few weeks and just read they don't have the updated menus yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this who has recently cruised? The past couple of years I have been disappointed in NCL's complimentary food options and quality but I LOVED the new menus. I hope this isn't true! :(

When i was on the Sun at Thanksgiving, we were told at the CC M&G that the Spirit would get the new menus in mid January and the Sun would be the last ship to get them at the end of January. Have no idea if the timeline had slid though.

We had the UDP included in the booking so only went to MDR once on the 5th-15th trip but looked like a new menu to me dated Oct 14.

Highlight that night were Lamb shanks were not cooked properly, tough.

The Lobster in Shogun(included in UDP) was great.

Teppanyaki open sea days so consider it then rather than an evening.

We had no problem getting bookings same day in specialities for the days we had left open.

They lost the on-line pre bookings so check as soon as you board.

When i was on the Sun at Thanksgiving, we were told at the CC M&G that the Spirit would get the new menus in mid January and the Sun would be the last ship to get them at the end of January. Have no idea if the timeline had slid though.

Really? According to last summer's press release Sun should have had new menus already last summer:

"The new menus and concepts will be available on most of Norwegian's fleet by July 31, and onboard Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sky and Pride of America by early 2015."

Really? According to last summer's press release Sun should have had new menus already last summer:

"The new menus and concepts will be available on most of Norwegian's fleet by July 31, and onboard Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sky and Pride of America by early 2015."

Yep........really. Sun had the same menu the Epic had back in 2013 and as I stated, according to the staff at the M&G, the Sun is the last ship to get the new menus with the expected rollout at the end of this January. Seems as though the article is wrong.

I can confirm the new menus were on Spirit on our Canary Island sailing end of Nevember. Tony mentioned they had just rolled them out (at the M&G) and that they wanted our feed back.

I thought the food in the MDR was much improved since our last sailing and I liked the selection the new menus offered. We enjoyed all our meals there, and we ate there almost every day. Service was much improved as well, with management very visible in the dining room making sure things were running smoothly and that guests were happy.