Reflection Sky Suite 7358 "Aft Corner" vs 2108 "On the Hump?

soxfan2013

An aft corner trumps the hump!

Why? The cabins on the angle face forward or aft, and have a somewhat, no very limited view the other direction. And aft corner gives the best of both views.

Edited by wallie5446

Thanx. What abt being down low on deck 7 vs deck 12?

We were on 9 on the Reflection in 2013, and 8 on the Equinox last Nov. IOHO, there are no true bad cabins on an S-Class ship. In 25 yrs, the Reflection is our overall favorite yet!

EW

We were on 9 on the Reflection in 2013, and 8 on the Equinox last Nov. IOHO, there are no true bad cabins on an S-Class ship. In 25 yrs, the Reflection is our overall favorite yet!

EW

For the same cost, is there any advantage of an Aqua class suite. I only plan on eating in specialty restaurants. I do like fresh OJ for breakfast. On the other hand, the aft sky suite sounds cool.

I believe the Aqua Suites have been reclassified as Sky Suite 1 cabins. You would have the deluxe shower provided in the Aqua Suite, but other than that the cabins are the same as a Sky Suite 2. The Aqua Suite you mentioned does have a larger slanted balcony, but I think it is hard to beat an aft balcony! The layout of the aft Sky Suite 1 is different (unique and considered a plus) than other Sky Suites, with a large porthole window on the side.

I would go for 2108. We were disappointed with our aft S1 in that it had less hanging closets space and less drawer space. We were very surprised having previously been in an S2. 2108 will have the massaging shower jets as it was previous AQ, whereas the S1 will only have the rain shower head. Also you will have more than adequate closet and drawer space.

I wish the Penthouse suite was aft......love having the whole Ocean before me....amazing

I believe the Aqua Suites have been reclassified as Sky Suite 1 cabins. You would have the deluxe shower provided in the Aqua Suite, but other than that the cabins are the same as a Sky Suite 2. The Aqua Suite you mentioned does have a larger slanted balcony, but I think it is hard to beat an aft balcony! The layout of the aft Sky Suite 1 is different (unique and considered a plus) than other Sky Suites, with a large porthole window on the side.

We had a corner aft S1 on another S class ship (can't remember which one) and it had the massaging shower plus the rain shower. I would definitely pick the corner aft S1. It was absolutely huge. Too little closet space? Are you kidding me?! Compared to what we usually stay in (CC or similar) it was great. We were three to the room and had plenty of room to spare. I guess if you were on a three week cruise and wore a different outfit every night it might be a little tight.

Edited by phoenix_dream

For the same cost, is there any advantage of an Aqua class suite. I only plan on eating in specialty restaurants. I do like fresh OJ for breakfast. On the other hand, the aft sky suite sounds cool.

IMHO, the only reason to book Aqua is to have Blu as your dinning venue, well, you do get the Persian Garden pass to. If the cost is very very close, then you have a hard decision. The Aft corner still trumps on S-class.

EW

IMHO, the only reason to book Aqua is to have Blu as your dinning venue, well, you do get the Persian Garden pass to. If the cost is very very close, then you have a hard decision. The Aft corner still trumps on S-class.

EW

Why do you think the aft corner trumps the hump? What do you like better abt the aft corner? The pics of the balcony I saw...looks so tiny...you can't even put ur legs out with a chair, except angled?

Why do you think the aft corner trumps the hump? What do you like better abt the aft corner? The pics of the balcony I saw...looks so tiny...you can't even put ur legs out with a chair, except angled?

The cabins on the angle are 2x the size of the others, but the corner wrap. Here is our balcony on the angle.

2036377007_cabin1.jpg.015ee26ac1a41b5457829b4f559a4614.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

Which are the cabins on the angle? You mean the hump or the aft corner? Aren't all the cabins about 300 sf? I would think the difference might be the balconies. I am confused by what you are saying.

The suites are the 300 sq ft, correct, since the size of the cabin is the same, I was thinking you wanted info about the balcony and view from it. A cabin is a cabin to us, but the view is what makes the difference. And the view from an aft balcony is the best.

EW

We will be in an aft S1 on deck eight on Equinox next month (8345 -port side). Is that the cabin you were in? If so can you tell me if it has one or two support poles in the cabin. Also is the bed near the balcony or the bath? Any other info world also be appreciated!

We will be in an aft S1 on deck eight on Equinox next month (8345 -port side). Is that the cabin you were in? If so can you tell me if it has one or two support poles in the cabin. Also is the bed near the balcony or the bath? Any other info world also be appreciated!

We have not booked an S1, but have friends whom have. I did not get pic's of their cabin.

You can ck the S-class cabin spread sheet and see what comments have been posted there about the cabin. Very good info, Here is the link;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

The aft balcony is definitely not larger than the hump. It depends where you are going, when and how long the cruise is. An aft balcony is best for views where you are sailing near land and would like a panoramic view of both sides of the ship. The view of the wake is also nice.

The corner afts on the lower decks have very little covering and are visible from balconies above you. They are also narrow. The hump balcony provides a lot more shade. You will not really have a great forward view in either cabin as the bump outs are impeding the view. If you could have the first cabin on the hump, you would be able to see forward and have a nice view of the bridge.

The corner afts also have a window so you would be able to see out the back and side from inside the cabin.

S2s do have a lot more storage space than S1s and the bathrooms are the same.

The aft balconies are a long walk from the elevators, 2108 would be close the the forward elevators which are usually less crowded and quicker.

Cabins toward the front of the ship feel more motion than aft cabins.

I hope these observations will help you decide what's important to you.

Edited by Ma Bell

OK, so ur saying the aft balcony is bigger, in that it is wrap around...sounds like the size of two balconies, although looks very narrow.

Ok, lets try another view. Here it is looking at the aft cabins, you can see the corners, yes they are narrow compared to the other pic I sent. But they are longer. If you look down the side you can almost make out the deck 12 ( tho wrong side ) cabin. You get to spend the week looking back never forward. Hence my comment, aft trumps angle when it comes to your two options.

1808678904_cruise088.jpg.ceaea5b3a2b08c9087aae0ce69ab2f5b.jpg

Don't know what's an S1 vs S2, but it seemed like the aft balcony would be bigger, because it wraps around...almost twice, part facing aft and part facing to the side?

Otherwise, I think ur saying the aft has a window facing to the side in addition to sliding glass doors facing rear. The balcony does look very narrow.

I am a little concerned about the overhang and getting no sun...but my preferred time to use the balcony is for drinks before dinner, and/or evening. maybe breakfast on the balcony. Sort of a bummer to never have sun...on the other hand the total lack of privacy is a negative. Also, deck 12 room is below the solarium and some have complained abt noise?

The aft balcony is definitely not larger than the hump. It depends where you are going, when and how long the cruise is. An aft balcony is best for views where you are sailing near land and would like a panoramic view of both sides of the ship. The view of the wake is also nice.

The corner afts on the lower decks have very little covering and are visible from balconies above you. They are also narrow. The hump balcony provides a lot more shade and you will be able to see forward and aft when standing at the rail, just as in any other balcony. You will also have an interesting view of the bridge.

The corner afts also have a window so you would be able to see out the back and side from inside the cabin.

S2s do have a lot more storage space than S1s and the bathrooms are the same.

The aft balconies are a long walk from the elevators, 8108 would be close the the forward elevators which are usually less crowded and quicker.

Cabins toward the front of the ship feel more motion than aft cabins.

I hope these observations will help you decide what's important to you.

Ma, 2108 deck 12 starboard, faces back, no view of the bridge, and is 3 cabins from the gym, lots of traffic coming an going.

RF_Resort_Deck_1492.jpg.e30988a08d6e5721f6e387b36f115c67.jpg

Ma, 2108 deck 12 starboard, faces back, no view of the bridge, and is 3 cabins from the gym, lots of traffic coming an going.

I edited my post Wally after realizing it was not the first hump cabin in which case you would be able to see forward. The aft cabins view forward is also compromised by the bump outs as many regular cabins are. You would never see any traffic coming and going to the gym as the cabin entrances are behind a wall and aft of the elevators.

Edited by Ma Bell

The cabins on the angle are 2x the size of the others, but the corner wrap. Here is our balcony on the angle.

This pic looks like a much bigger balcony and preferable to the balcony I saw of the deck 7 aft corner, which seemed extremely narrow and no privacy.

On the other hand, I do think a view of the back is prob nicer than a side view....more expansive. An interior side window also seems much brighter.

I edited my post Wally after realizing it was not the first hump cabin in which case you would be able to see forward. The aft cabins view forward is also compromised by the bump outs as many regular cabins are.

Gotcha! Off topic, when the your next sailin Ma to reach the big Z level?