Reflection Sky Suite 7358 "Aft Corner" vs 2108 "On the Hump?

soxfan2013

This pic looks like a much bigger balcony and preferable to the balcony I saw of the deck 7 aft corner, which seemed extremely narrow and no privacy.

On the other hand, I do think a view of the back is prob nicer than a side view....more expansive. An interior side window also seems much brighter.

That pic is of no value to you, sorry. It is of a C2 on the angle, not what you are thinking about. Again, sorry.

EW

Sounds like 7358 is prob "better."

Just a very narrow balcony. Don't care about storage space/closets (forget which one had the smaller closets).

I can see how you can't see forward in 2108...although you have a limitless view out the side, and to the rear.

Just one caution...you will basically have no shade on your balcony and probably some soot.

Some "soot?" That doesn't sound very appealing.

For the same price, I could probably also get an Aqua Class Suite: 2116, 2118, 2119, or 2154.

Or, a different Deck 12 Sky Suite, such as: 2124, or 2128?

Does that change any of your thoughts?

Some "soot?" That doesn't sound very appealing.

For the same price, I could probably also get an Aqua Class Suite: 2116, 2118, 2119, or 2154.

Or, a different Deck 12 Sky Suite, such as: 2124, or 2128?

Does that change any of your thoughts?

Take a look at the S-class cabin info sheet, there may be reviews of all thses cabins there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Everyone has their own favorites. I prefer the aft sky suites on deck 12. There is a little morning chair scraping from the deck above, but the covered balcony and panoramic views are the best for me.

The first photo shows a bit of the overhang and you can see how the balconies below are not covered. No one can see you from above on 12.

10682341_10204567384172318_3786706779182860272_o.jpg.12ac52847836f958ebee41c73e06871b.jpg

10265664_10204932586102138_7896368602691792138_o.jpg.c2363625ad5f1e75e44f711736937432.jpg

1401493_10204567494215069_3329546685285409571_o.jpg.fb92937abc84a2a29fff4498940650e6.jpg

Edited by Ma Bell

Here are some photos of aft corners and a view from above.

That picture of the aft corner looks nice and the balcony looks reasonable in size, not like the review I saw of one with a very narrow that's barely the width of a chair without an ottoman. 7th floor seems like "low"?

I've researched the soot issue and it seems ot be a significant issue of many passengers -- who wants to spend this kind of money and potnetially deal regularly with soot?

I can also change to 2128, which is a mid-ship sky suite..so, I think I'm down to the rear facing angle of 2108 -- which I think some have said is a bigger balcony (?) -- or a normal side facing cabin more in the middle of the ship, 2128, well, just 10 cabins down.

Or Aqua Class Suite 2111 or 2119 for the same price.

I like being closer to the pool and other things. There seems to be an elevator right there. Is there a perceptible "ding" every time the elevator opens?

Where is the closest bar. I plan to buy a premium drink package which and I understand they won't serve free drinks in ur room, so drinks on the balcony may require frequent trips back and forth to the bar, unless they serve doubles or have liberal pours.

Also, will they allow you to get two free drinks if you have two premium drink cards, and the other person isn't next to you?

I like being closer to the pool and other things. There seems to be an elevator right there. Is there a perceptible "ding" every time the elevator opens?

Where is the closest bar. I plan to buy a premium drink package which and I understand they won't serve free drinks in ur room, so drinks on the balcony may require frequent trips back and forth to the bar, unless they serve doubles or have liberal pours.

Also, will they allow you to get two free drinks if you have two premium drink cards, and the other person isn't next to you?

There's the Pool/Mast bar, but not sure their operating hours. You need 2 cards to get 2 drinks -- not a problem.

There's the Pool/Mast bar, but not sure their operating hours. You need 2 cards to get 2 drinks -- not a problem.

So, it sounds like the answer is: go out your door and there's an elevator right in front of 2108, or take the stairs (I presume nearby). Go up one floor, head about 100 feet towards the middle of the ship and got to the 1st pool bar.

If you want a double or two drinks, bring two cards...the other person doesn't have to be there. If you want more, go to your room and repeat.

So, it sounds like the answer is: go out your door and there's an elevator right in front of 2108, or take the stairs (I presume nearby). Go up one floor, head about 100 feet towards the middle of the ship and got to the 1st pool bar.

If you want a double or two drinks, bring two cards...the other person doesn't have to be there. If you want more, go to your room and repeat.

You got it! :D Enjoy your cruise. I think you will be very happy with 2108.

I'm late to the party, but I was in an after S1 on Reflection (#1405) - we loved it, especially the balcony. I don't remember the room seeming large, but we thought the balcony was huge. We easily had the table for breakfast with 2 chairs, plus 2 reclining chairs and there was still plenty of room to walk around. We're going on a TA in 2016 and booked a S1 because we loved the balcony so much.

The other thing we loved was the porthole. It opened up the cabin even more, plus it serves as extra seating and/or storage space.

The other bonus is that you only have neighbors on 1 side. So it cuts the odds in half that you'll have noisy neighbors driving you crazy.

We had no soot problems.