Bananarama vs. Little French Key

runner5

Ok, I'm not trying to sound stupid but....Are Bananarama and Little French Key basically resports on the island? I was on both their websites trying to find out exactly where they are exactly located. If they are both resorts and I'm only in port for 8 hours, shouldn't I just pick one? I have booked Bodden Tours to take us where ever we want to go, but I'm trying to figure out where we want to go.

Thanks for any information!!!

Ok, I'm not trying to sound stupid but....Are Bananarama and Little French Key basically resports on the island? I was on both their websites trying to find out exactly where they are exactly located. If they are both resorts and I'm only in port for 8 hours, shouldn't I just pick one? I have booked Bodden Tours to take us where ever we want to go, but I'm trying to figure out where we want to go.

Bananarama is on West Bay Beach, it is the premiere beach on the island. It is a resort of sorts, a bit more low key and rustic than say Infinity Bay which is also on West Bay Beach.

Little French Key is a small island off the coast, is it on the opposite side of the island from West Bay.

What is your choice of place to go based on? Perhaps we can help you narrow it down. It would also be helpful to know where your ship is docking and did you only wish a day at the beach or are there other things your party wish to see or do this will help us with distance.

Ya might also have a chat with Bodden, see what info they can offer you about adding French Key to your itinerary.

Edited by Guest 2000

If you go to the Little French Key website there is a link to all the different packages they offer and prices. The packages include transport to Frenchy's and then a short boat trip to the island.

As guest says you need to determine if there are other things you want to see and do on the island. Bodden AND LFK would make for one very full and expensive day IMO.

Thank you. We are on the Norwegian Jewel that docks at the Port of Roatan cruise ship terminal from 8:00 to 4:00. My intentions are for Bodden to drive us around the island to see the sights, possibly to a little shopping (I have boys so the shopping will be little :(), then hang out at the beach. I would like to see a beach that most unique to Roatan. Possibly have my teenage boys snorkel? If Little French Key is an island off of Roatan, is there a ferry to get to it? How much time does it take to get to it? Or am I just better off at Bananarama or West End or West Bay Beach?

Thanks for any input!! I VERY much appreciate it!

I believe that port is Coxen Hole.

Yes, French Key has a boat, it looks like a pontoon to me going back and forth from the mainland. I have not been on it but I doubt it takes more then 10 mins. I understand one need take a snorkle boat out to be safe at LFK. It is on the wind ward side of the island and can be rough.

This photo shows LFK in the foreground and the mainland behind.

120307-3729.jpg

Perhaps think about Bodden taking you to West End, shop a bit, snorkle in Half Moon Bay and soak up the island feel. If ya have time hop a water taxi to West Bay, have lunch, and snorkle. Your driver can meet you in West Bay and take you back.

I don't know that West Bay is all that much of a unique beach but it is post card beautiful. The snorkeling from the Wall end is delightful. This thread has heaps of info about snorkeling West Bay.

Below is West Bay Beach.

View_of_West_Bay_Roatan_Bay_Islands_Honduras_by_Shawn_Jackson.jpg

Below, another great pic of West Bay.

d7c16f_2ddee5485e27f9d6de0feef7e759b408.jpg_1024

As others have stated, it's not the same place and located at opposite ends. Here's a map to show you the locations of them.

ROATAN%20MAP-L.jpg

I personally would not do both of them together in one day. I'm sure it's not cheap to hire Bodden to take you around the island to see the sites, then you add LFK on to that, it would be an expensive day to me and not worth it. I would pick one or the other. With LFK, you price of admission includes them picking you up at the cruise terminal, you transportation over to their restaurant at Frenchy 44's and the boat over to the island and then all back again. So, transportation is already paid for and covered. Kind of pointless if you already had a driver arranged with Bodden.

I have 2 complete reviews listed in my signature line for LFK if you are interested and another from West Bay the day we were there as well.

As others have stated, it's not the same place and located at opposite ends. Here's a map to show you the locations of them.

ROATAN%20MAP-L.jpg

I personally would not do both of them together in one day. I'm sure it's not cheap to hire Bodden to take you around the island to see the sites, then you add LFK on to that, it would be an expensive day to me and not worth it. I would pick one or the other. With LFK, you price of admission includes them picking you up at the cruise terminal, you transportation over to their restaurant at Frenchy 44's and the boat over to the island and then all back again. So, transportation is already paid for and covered. Kind of pointless if you already had a driver arranged with Bodden.

I have 2 complete reviews listed in my signature line for LFK if you are interested and another from West Bay the day we were there as well.

Thank you for the map and info on your signature line.

I believe that port is Coxen Hole.

Yes, French Key has a boat, it looks like a pontoon to me going back and forth from the mainland. I have not been on it but I doubt it takes more then 10 mins. I understand one need take a snorkle boat out to be safe at LFK. It is on the wind ward side of the island and can be rough.

This photo shows LFK in the foreground and the mainland behind.

120307-3729.jpg

Perhaps think about Bodden taking you to West End, shop a bit, snorkle in Half Moon Bay and soak up the island feel. If ya have time hop a water taxi to West Bay, have lunch, and snorkle. Your driver can meet you in West Bay and take you back.

I don't know that West Bay is all that much of a unique beach but it is post card beautiful. The snorkeling from the Wall end is delightful. This thread has heaps of info about snorkeling West Bay.

Below is West Bay Beach.

View_of_West_Bay_Roatan_Bay_Islands_Honduras_by_Shawn_Jackson.jpg

Below, another great pic of West Bay.

d7c16f_2ddee5485e27f9d6de0feef7e759b408.jpg_1024

The thread you recommended is wonderful!!! Thank you!

ROATAN%20MAP-L.jpg

Thank you for the map! It definitely gives me a better understanding. How do I get to your signature line? I would like to read your reviews of Little French Key as well as West Bay.

Thank you!