Just off the Jewel if you have any questions

mary_228

We are scheduled to sale on the Jewel to Alaska in June.

Can you tell me what time the early seating dinner begins? What times are the shows in the evenings? Will we be able to make it to the show each evening after early dining? Must we have reservations for the show, or do we just show up?

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has purchased any drink packages? I am kinda confused by them.
I did not purchase one so cannot comment. I suggest you search the RCL board as this thread is about the Jewel in particular.

We are scheduled to sale on the Jewel to Alaska in June.

Can you tell me what time the early seating dinner begins? What times are the shows in the evenings? Will we be able to make it to the show each evening after early dining? Must we have reservations for the show, or do we just show up?

Can't help you with the show times in Alaska. It may be different based on the times you are in port. On my itinerary, the shows were most often at 7 and 9. You should always be able to make the show after early seating dinner with the possible exception of being seated at a very large table with people who order three courses plus dessert. When dinner drags on and there is a show you really want to see, you may just have to excuse yourself. There are no reservations for shows on the Jewel.

I'm so thankful for the info and tips from those of you who have already sailed on Jewel! We are going in just 4 weeks!

I have two questions: Was there a Chocolate Breakfast offered in the MDR one morning? If so, do you remember which day of the cruise it was?

Also, when my DH and I were on Serenade a few years back, the captain took the ship right in front of the Pitons and did a full 360 for incredible views of the mountains and shoreline. Then he did it again in the opposite direction! It was, of course, growing dark, but it was beautiful nonetheless. Does the captain of Jewel do anything like this? Or can you just see the Pitons as you go by on the way to Grenada? Our itinerary is the same as the OP.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes Day6 on Southern Itinerary, best to ask your Waiter on day3 or 4 to confirm.

Here you go

imagejpg6_zpsadabe7a4.jpg

imagejpg2_zps6063957c.jpg

All the menus you can find in my review

Happy Days!

Is there a Diamond Lounge on the Jewel? I know about the 3 drinks being loaded onto the card (which is a fantastic perk) but wondering if there is a Diamond lounge as well?

Thanks,

Roberta

We were on the Jewel two weeks ago. No Diamond Lounge per se but almost every night (if not all) from 5:00 to 8:30, the Vortex Lounge was identified as a Diamond event. Bites (hot and cold) were available and the drinks were served by the Vortex bartender according to the same rules as in the other bars (three prepaid vouchers on the Sea Pass card).

We were on the Jewel two weeks ago. No Diamond Lounge per se but almost every night (if not all) from 5:00 to 8:30, the Vortex Lounge was identified as a Diamond event. Bites (hot and cold) were available and the drinks were served by the Vortex bartender according to the same rules as in the other bars (three prepaid vouchers on the Sea Pass card).

From 5-8:30 did they limit it to 3 drinks or did they run it like an actual Diamond Lounge? Just curious as I rarely have more than two drinks. :p

Does anyone know when the white party is - what day? Also, the 70's party. My sister says if it's later in the cruise, she might not fit in her outfit by then. :eek:
My memory is fading fast! :o

The best I can offer is that the white night was earlier in the cruise and the 70's night was the night before our sea day at the end of the cruise. No promises that I am correct in this. I do think there is a thread on the RCCL page with the Jewel's daily programs.

From 5-8:30 did they limit it to 3 drinks or did they run it like an actual Diamond Lounge? Just curious as I rarely have more than two drinks. :p

This is the exact question that I would like to know, also! I have asked for this information on different threads and no one has been able to give me an answer.

Does anyone know when the white party is - what day? Also, the 70's party. My sister says if it's later in the cruise, she might not fit in her outfit by then. :eek:

Thanks,

Gloria

On our cruise in December, the "White Party" was on day 4 after we left St. Lucia, 70's night was day 6 after St. Croix.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

We have sailed out of SJ a few times, not on the Jewel yet. I am wondering when all board is, muster and sail away.

For our AOS & SOS all aboard was around 5:00ish and muster was 6:00ish and then sail way at 8:30ish ;)

I've heard the Jewel is different - :confused: - can you clear this up for me?

Thank you!

~Anna

I believe muster was at 8 with sail away at8:30.

Our muster was at 8:00PM with scheduled sailaway at 8:30PM. We didn't wind up actually leaving until closer to 10:00, however.

Seaview Cafe did not open until 2 or 2:30. Not sure when it closed.

On embarkation day the Seaview was open from 10:00PM - 1:00AM, on port days (days 2-6) it was open 2:30PM - 6:30PM & 9:00PM - 1:00AM. On day 7, a seas day, it was open 12:00PM - 6:30PM. This was for the 1/24 sailing.

Our muster was at 8:00PM with scheduled sailaway at 8:30PM. We didn't wind up actually leaving until closer to 10:00, however.

On embarkation day the Seaview was open from 10:00PM - 1:00AM, on port days (days 2-6) it was open 2:30PM - 6:30PM & 9:00PM - 1:00AM. On day 7, a seas day, it was open 12:00PM - 6:30PM. This was for the 1/24 sailing.

Thx, strange hours for the Seaview Cafe as this effectively makes this venue unavailable for lunch for the vast majority of the cruise.

• 11 months later...