Oasis of the Seas Review Eastern Carribean

weav02

Just returned off Oasis, and because I have read so many reviews prior to my disembarktion, I thought I owed it to all to do my own. I will be short and sweet though.

IT WAS AWESOME!

I can't even tell you the time we had. Kids are all in 20's, had 11 of us all together. All the issues with dining that I read, including MDR not being good to Johnny Rockets poor service I found NOT to be true. Food was great. Service everywhere was great. Chops was exceptional, but MDR was very good.. certainly much better than I prepare at home.

ports were great, no issues... excursions were homemaid.. did zipline in St. Thomas (so much fun).. and Orient beach in St. Marteen.. Did the public beach within walking distance of ship in Nausau.... drinks were so much cheaper than at Senior Frogs and SO MUCH better....

entertainment amazing! all shows were great, especially comedy show and Aqua shows. Just go early to get your seats.. we sat first row in the comedy show and it was hilarious! Solarium area to hang out is the best.. only over 16 permitted and they were good with moving the kiddies out if necessary!

we did see alot of people hogging the chairs but oh well.. thats the way it goes.. if you want a great chair go early and stay with your stuff.. its that simple. I did see workers remove blue towels from chairs that were left empty for hours.... just ask one of them to do it and they will... I didn't need to..

no problems with main dining seating like some posters had said prior to this. Both "my time dining" and regular diner lines went quickly.

disembarktion easy.... some lines for customs and if you leave your room after 9 your going to wait for elevators.

bars and nightclubs: amazing.. so much fun.. night life if you like is great... best bartender is in the Champagne Bar *(Andre).. makes the most amazing drinks.

drink package is DEFINATELY worth it if you drink... best premium liquiors available.

only negatives:

elevators very busy and crowed at times

bathrooms in pool area not very clean by end of the week (not sure where holding tanks are, but some odor at end of the week)

pool bar attendants unfriendly... soo.. we didn't go there much and although we were VERY generous with tipping.. they did not receive any special tipping.

great time with my family.. probably best vacation ever! Have fun!

Joy

Thanks for the review. My DW and I will be heading out on her end of Feb. can't wait. I have read some negative comments about the ship, lines and elevators too.

People...you are getting on the biggest ship in the world with the most people, you might hit a line and "yes" the elevators will be packed at peak times.

You are on vacation, sit back and relax and take it all in.

Just returned off Oasis, and because I have read so many reviews prior to my disembarktion, I thought I owed it to all to do my own. I will be short and sweet though.

IT WAS AWESOME!

I can't even tell you the time we had. Kids are all in 20's, had 11 of us all together. All the issues with dining that I read, including MDR not being good to Johnny Rockets poor service I found NOT to be true. Food was great. Service everywhere was great. Chops was exceptional, but MDR was very good.. certainly much better than I prepare at home.

ports were great, no issues... excursions were homemaid.. did zipline in St. Thomas (so much fun).. and Orient beach in St. Marteen.. Did the public beach within walking distance of ship in Nausau.... drinks were so much cheaper than at Senior Frogs and SO MUCH better....

entertainment amazing! all shows were great, especially comedy show and Aqua shows. Just go early to get your seats.. we sat first row in the comedy show and it was hilarious! Solarium area to hang out is the best.. only over 16 permitted and they were good with moving the kiddies out if necessary!

we did see alot of people hogging the chairs but oh well.. thats the way it goes.. if you want a great chair go early and stay with your stuff.. its that simple. I did see workers remove blue towels from chairs that were left empty for hours.... just ask one of them to do it and they will... I didn't need to..

no problems with main dining seating like some posters had said prior to this. Both "my time dining" and regular diner lines went quickly.

disembarktion easy.... some lines for customs and if you leave your room after 9 your going to wait for elevators.

bars and nightclubs: amazing.. so much fun.. night life if you like is great... best bartender is in the Champagne Bar *(Andre).. makes the most amazing drinks.

drink package is DEFINATELY worth it if you drink... best premium liquiors available.

only negatives:

elevators very busy and crowed at times

bathrooms in pool area not very clean by end of the week (not sure where holding tanks are, but some odor at end of the week)

pool bar attendants unfriendly... soo.. we didn't go there much and although we were VERY generous with tipping.. they did not receive any special tipping.

great time with my family.. probably best vacation ever! Have fun!

Joy

Going in August. Feel better about now.

weav02 - Thanks for posting! I was getting nervous at all the negative reviews and comments about the Oasis! Esp Chops! We never had a bad dinner there and the reviews have been awful. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! We will be doing the same itinerary you were on! Can't wait! :D

Also glad to hear a positive update on Orient Beach!

Edited by royal girl

Thank you for your comments! Was wondering if you made reservations for any of the shows? Or just walked in? We are a group of 8 and this will be our first time on Oasis. Looking forward to sailing on the "big ship"!