Do the age groups in the kids clubs ever combine?

mommyto2kids

I know when we sailed on Carnival sometimes the kids club groups will combine at night.

We are reuniting with a family we met last year on our Disney cruise. Our girls are 6 months apart, but when we sail one will be 9 and the other 10.

I would love to do some adult stuff, but not sure the girls will go to separate clubs (they haven't seen each other in over a year)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know when we sailed on Carnival sometimes the kids club groups will combine at night.

We are reuniting with a family we met last year on our Disney cruise. Our girls are 6 months apart, but when we sail one will be 9 and the other 10.

I would love to do some adult stuff, but not sure the girls will go to separate clubs (they haven't seen each other in over a year)

If they do it's because of low numbers in the kids club, not because a family requests it.

NCL is strict about not mixing ages. Since one group is 6-9 and the next is 10-12 the girls will not be in the same group and will not be allowed to. NCL goes by age the day they board the ship.

http://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/family-cruises/youth-programs/faq

Children are placed in the appropriate age group based on their date of birth at the time of sailing. Please refer to Freestyle Free Play for time slots where friends and siblings can play together.

Edited by NMLady

Depends on number of kids during cruise time.

One cruise there was no mixing. On another it was mixed ages 6-12.

If you are going on a busy kid week, they will not be allowed to be together.

There are family activities to do like cupcake decorating and other crafts

Check the dailies to see.

Edited by RYMOMA

Yes, kids are combined for the late night (fee based) stuff.

Ages 3-12 are also combined for Freestyle Free Play (though sometimes 3-4 are kept separate). Freestyle Free Play happens most days, typically one hour in the morning, one hour in the afternoon, and one hour in the evening. NCL promotes these times for kids who want to play with their older/younger siblings.

Port Play is also likely to be combined, since most kids will be ashore.

If you're going during a school break, there will likely be lots of kids on board, so less likelihood of combining aside from Freestyle Free Play.

Found my own answer the groups are combined for babysitting

Apparently the club is 6-12 in low season anyone know when that is? We are sailing in Feb.

Most consider high season: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Presidents week, spring break, April break and all of summer.

Early January, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, May, Sept after school is back in session etc are usually low season.

We travel Presidents week and it's often packed w/ kids

Most consider high season: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Presidents week, spring break, April break and all of summer.

Early January, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, May, Sept after school is back in session etc are usually low season.

We travel Presidents week and it's often packed w/ kids

I'm Canadian so had to look that up lol. Looks like we sail the week after - Feb 21

I'm Canadian so had to look that up lol. Looks like we sail the week after - Feb 21

I also find when we sail out of NY and Fla there are way more kids even in low season than when we sail out of other ports