POM - Flight from FLL

bowen9475

You might make that. We had a cruise out of miami in 2013 and booked an 11:50 flight, booked SAS shuttle services and self assisted off the ship and everything went perfect. I mean perfect.

We got to FLL around 8:30 ish and were not even allowed to check luggage at the time we got there because it was too early before our flight. Well, by the time they did allow us to check our luggage the security line had grown HORRIBLY Long. I guess Miami had 5 ships that day and Port Everglades I think I remember having 5-6 including Oasis or Allure (not sure which). A lot of those people as you can imagine made their way to FLL and the more time that passed the longer the lines got. But keep in mind that FLL airport is used to cruisers and they will not allow you to check your luggage earlier than 2 hours before your flight is scheduled. They just don't want to deal with all those people getting there early because they just got off the ships and don't have anywhere to go.

I am not kidding when I say the line was so long it easily took us 45- to an hour to get through it. We weren't happy.

So my point in this whole story is, even if everything goes perfectly, this is a very busy airport and there's no guarantee to any early flight.

For an 11:35 flight you need to be at FLL by 10:00 (and earlier is better!), which means in a limo/car/cab/shuttle and rolling from POM NLT 9:00 or so.

Carry your bags and ray for no customs/immigration delays. I agree with Bruce - do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

I had a 12:05 flight and was stressing. I sailed the Getaway and part of the issue was waiting on the shuttle. There was a huge traffic jam and it was making everyone's shuttles late. The driver was stressing as he had to get back into that mess to pick more up after he dropped us off. I'm sure there were a lot of people late for their flights.