Transportation from pre-cruise hotel to ship in Vancouver

marym933

We booked the 11 day R6C cruisetour R/T Seattle for July 19, 2015. I am considering booking a 2 night pre-cruise stay at the Sheraton downtown Seattle. I have read on the posts from last year that the bus to Vancouver picks up at that hotel, if you buy the pre-cruise package from Holland.

I called my TA to price the hotel package for me today. The HAL rep told her that the bus doesn't pick up at the Sheraton. We would have to get back to the airport on our own by 10 a.m.

Is this info correct for the 2015 Alaska cruise season or is the rep misinformed?

If the ship is cruising from Vancouver I'd suggest you look to THERE; The Pan Pacific hotel is literally AT the pier; you walk to the ship-but the fun part is watching the ships sail in and out if you are there for several days. Its a LOVELY hotel and a beautiful city!

This is a R/T Seattle cruise. HAL provides transportation from Seattle to Vancouver. At the end of the cruise, we will be flown from Anchorage to Seattle and have a one night hotel at SEA-TAC.

I know I didn't make it clear. I am looking for info from the HAL pre-cruise hotel in Seattle to the Oosterdam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A R/T Seattle cruise doesn't leave you with a flight from Anchorage. Please give us a better explanation.

If you are referencing your Oosterdam cruise in July, It leaves from Vancouver, not Seattle. Perhaps you are flying into Seattle and looking for a transfer to Vancouver to the ship? Are you doing the 14 day collector's cruise, R/T Vancouver, or the 7 day Vancouver to Seward, which would leave you with a flight from Anchorage to Vancouver or Seattle? EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Now that I see your itinerary, is HAL hotel included in Seattle? Is airfare part of the package? Or just the flight from Anchorage?

R6C_zps51alprri.jpg

If the hotel is not part of the package, I agree that you should fly into Vancouver and

stay there before the cruise. We flew into Vancouver and home from Seattle, because price and times were better (we were on Princess and used a Princess transfer to Seattle airport). EM

From Hal's website, under hotel/tour packages:

Seattle & Vancouver

Seattle Journey Connector

Leave the details to us. Add a Seattle overnight on Land+Sea Journeys between Vancouver and Fairbanks or Anchorage. Includes air between Seattle and Alaska; airport and hotel transfers; and motorcoach service between Seattle and Vancouver.

If this is what you want to book then HAL is responsible to get you to the ship in YVR. I can only think that maybe your TA asked specifically about the Sheraton and not about the package. There obviously was some miscommunication. I would have your TA try again with a different HAL rep.

Good luck!