goat cheese souffle?

PekingeseLady

Soft but firm consistency (the comparison above to quiche is pretty close but not quite as solid); tangy yet smooth flavour -- definitely "cheese" but not sharp like cheddar or smelly like blue/roquefort. Deceptively easy to eat yet very rich and satiating.

I will admit to not really liking goat cheese on other things (it's very popular in these parts on salads or a topping at our favourite local gourmet pizza place). However, the goat cheese souffle does not have the same (*searching for an adjective that won't put you off . . . *) "strident" flavour. I was loathe to order it myself until I read rave after rave here; I'm so glad I did. Definitely try it: it's free, after all, and you can always order a replacement starter if you find you don't care for it.

OK, that did, I'm ready and looking forward to giving it a try. With so many responses I have a feeling it is going to be great. TY everyone for all of your encouraging posts. :D

No! Feta and goat cheese do not taste the same, though I do love both. Feta is saltier and less creamy. Goat cheese has a nice tang to it but doesn't taste cheesy in the same way cheddar or Swiss do. I have had the goat cheese soufflé once and found it a bit bland, lacking the characteristic tanginess. I will give it a second chance on my next cruise :D

Not the same, but I find similar enough to check it out. I like many cheeses, but can't stand muenster.

OK, but is it bland, sweet, spicy. Cheesie, mild, sharp. I will try it just trying to prepare my taste buds, lol Like does it taste like Oatmeal?

It's gamey...like lamb has that "gamey" taste. It's so weird, but goat cheese tastes like farm goats smell...ha-ha, but some how it's delicious.

Try it.

It's gamey...like lamb has that "gamey" taste. It's so weird, but goat cheese tastes like farm goats smell...ha-ha, but some how it's delicious.

Try it.

Alright now your scaring me :eek: That is exactly what I'm afraid of. Anything goat I've had in my past tastes like a goat smells, LMAO I'm going to try it, I know your just teasing me......right? :rolleyes:

I've been reading all this goat cheese talk and made a note to try the souffle. Wellll, while visiting my parents today I asked my mother if she's ever had goat cheese. Yes. Do you like it? Yes, I have some if you'd like to try it. She too puts it on her salads and pizza. Hummm, whoever said it tastes like goats smell, well, maybe not but it's up there in that same stinky category! Goodness! It was all I could do to make it to the trash compactor! She reminded me that the flavor will be much milder with all the cream and eggs it's blended with. I guess I'll try it but I'm not holding my breath...or maybe I should :D

Edited by monicakm

PekingeseLady, it's a light, moist, creamy, rich, fluffy dish. Goat's cheese is creamy and pungent. Maybe you should buy some goat cheese at your grocery store and taste it, so you have an idea of how pungent it is. The souffle will be a little milder. Goat cheese salad and pizza with goat cheese are on some restaurant menus on land.

Alright now your scaring me :eek: That is exactly what I'm afraid of. Anything goat I've had in my past tastes like a goat smells, LMAO I'm going to try it, I know your just teasing me......right? :rolleyes:

Haha...not really teasing you. It's wonderful. I would say goat cheese is an acquired taste for many.