Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

Really enjoying the thread. We are sailing on the Serenade in a month. Glad she seems to be back together.

Trying to determine how formal to pack. What is formal night like?

Seems that the concept is experiencing a slow painful death.

Thanks

Mike

Really enjoying the thread. We are sailing on the Serenade in a month. Glad she seems to be back together.

Thanks

Mike

Howdy Mike!

I agree. I do not recall seeing much for tuxedos on a regular basis. A lot of jackets and ties for the men and nice dresses but not gowns for the ladies.

There have been a couple exceptions of dress that would be more suited for Park Cafe rather than the main dining room, but that was RARE exception.

Myself, I chose on this cruise to do sport coat and tie rather than the tuxedo route which I have done with regularity in the past. Tonight is the first formal night so I may see something different from last week.

Bottom line, is that most people dressed well but not necessarily to the "nines."

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Love the Tommy Bahama travel ashtray. I was recently looking for one of those but I believe they have been discontinued.

Thanks for that! I actually purchased this one years ago when there was a Casa Del Habano still in Cozumel. It was with a Colibri label at that time.

I do know that they have gotten difficult to find! Hope you come across one. Mine accompanies us on every cruise.

It enables me to depart from the more congregated areas normally so as not to cause undue distress upon others and to allow me a quiet getaway spot as well.

I see there is one at Amazon under this description...maybe it will help you come across one.....

Colibri TBL001770A Black Lacquer Folding Cigar Cutter and Punch Ashtray

Edited by Havana Daydreamin
addition to the note

Thanks for that! I actually purchased this one years ago when there was a Casa Del Habano still in Cozumel. It was with a Colibri label at that time.

I do know that they have gotten difficult to find! Hope you come across one. Mine accompanies us on every cruise.

It enables me to depart from the more congregated areas normally so as not to cause undue distress upon others and to allow me a quiet getaway spot as well.

I see there is one at Amazon under this description...maybe it will help you come across one.....

Colibri TBL001770A Black Lacquer Folding Cigar Cutter and Punch Ashtray

Thanks for that recommendation! I had been looking on EBay but it never occurred to me to check Amazon. After I read your post I ordered one. It should be in prior to our sailing.

Enjoying the review!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I too agree.

Although some tuxedos, etc were to be seen during recent sailings... a sport coat and tie more than suffice IMNSHO. :p

Let's go cruisin'! :cool:

... Dave

Thanks for that recommendation! I had been looking on EBay but it never occurred to me to check Amazon. After I read your post I ordered one. It should be in prior to our sailing.

Enjoying the review!

A big 'ol Dodge City YAHOO on that, hoping it works out for you and you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

The pool deck was enjoyed by many yesterday afternoon. I took these sample shots before enjoying my Bolivar.

IMG_6367_zpsad94d7b5.jpg

IMG_6368_zps13a53d8c.jpg

The sun went down on a simply marvelous day! It was then off to Chef's Table.

IMG_6398_zps61cfb217.jpg

One word of advice for the Chef's Table!!! Pace yourself with beverages prior to as you will experience about six servings (plus) of wine during the meal. We had a couple diners (NOT get sick at the table) who were in some distress.

We enjoyed the meal a second time around just as much as the first and the company was fantastic as well. Some who did not wish for the lamb ordered a filet mignon instead. Barbara enjoyed the lamb a second time. So we inquired about what the marinade overnight consisted of. Thyme, Garlic, and Olive Oil.

Edited by Havana Daydreamin

Day4Page1_zps3b2fade0.jpg

Day4Page2_zps5bb304a9.jpg

Day4Page3_zpsbae61166.jpg

Day4Page4_zpsb02bdda5.jpg

Loving those great photos! Quick tip if you are in Falmouth for the day - the Diamonds International in port has a complimentary bar on the 2nd floor of their store (it is one of their larger locations in the Caribbean). Nice to enjoy a cocktail while the ladies shop!

Enjoying the review!

Hi Kurt,

Enjoy your cruise on the Serenade. We sailed together on the Jewel a couple of years ago (Dion and Donna, part of the East Ghost Explorers) :D.

Say hello to Gina for us.

Hi Kurt,

Enjoy your cruise on the Serenade. We sailed together on the Jewel a couple of years ago (Dion and Donna, part of the East Ghost Explorers) :D.

Say hello to Gina for us.

Wow what a pleasant surprise! Thanks for popping in Donna! Also please say hello to Dion for us too.

I'll pass your kind greeting along to Gina!

Kurt

Day4Page1_zps74123965.jpg

Day4Page2_zps9a169289.jpg

Day4Page3_zps0fbc7bde.jpg

Day4Page4_zpse97145cc.jpg

One really nice thing about Royal is they keep their pools and Jacuzzis open 24hours a day for people who want to go relax late (late late) at night. I don't think many other cruise lines, if any keep pool hours like that.

I am love reading your review! Great attitude. It's fun reading it and following along.

New Orleans is one of our favorite cities. There is truly something special about that city. People I have talked to, seem to love it or hate it. We love it.

One more thing. Radio Margaritaville on Sirius is a channel I listen to often. It takes me on a cruise to nowhere, while I am driving someplace. :p

Thanks again!

No tours were really planned by us today. We have visited Ocho Rios several times and once to Montego Bay. So much of any ship tour that was available was something or someplace we had seen before.

Not having been to Falmouth and reading mixed reviews, we decided it would be a wander about morning and have a brief respite at Margaritaville to continue our "Margaritaville Tour" beginning in New Orleans, continuing at Key West, and now Falmouth.

I was pleased to find a Casa del Habano in the port area retail stores. It is well kept and exactly what one would expect to find.

We did wander to the entrance to Historic Falmouth, but did not exit this time. We observed plenty of law enforcement and would have felt good about wander a bit. I will include a few pictures of that area for you to see as well.

IMG_6470_zps0d0316e5.jpg

IMG_6507_zps56c8f583.jpg

Off the port side of the ship in dock are a couple smaller islands. There is a structure that I don't know if it is a private residence or a resort, but it looked very inviting from the ship.

IMG_6513_zps5c7f07b3.jpg

A side note that it did not seem overly crowded even with Oasis in port also. I suppose there were a lot of folks on tours.

We decided to shop early at Margaritaville before it got busy. At the same time, I enjoyed taking a few photos of the facility.

IMG_6465_zps32fa71f4.jpg

IMG_6460_zps7cb22f3c.jpg

Of course, our shopping would not be complete without the purchase of Blue Mountain Coffee. Having the shopping mission accomplished I quickly delivered the goods to the cabin while Barbara enjoyed some rest.

Upon return, we found ourselves at Margaritaville for a bucket of Red Stripe and an appetizing order of calamari appetizer. We briefly pondered the nachos, but after seeing several delivered, we were glad we did not order it. I enjoyed a nice maduro Cohiba from a sampler box that I had at home.

IMG_6484_zpsdbc339a6.jpg

IMG_6500_zpsc293453f.jpg

One couple ordered the nachos and barely made a dent before they were filled up by it. There is plenty to share!!!!

IMG_6501_zps0de9d079.jpg

Upon return the Serenade, we found a towel animal had gone missing!:eek:

Somehow, the puppy dog had found his way out to the balcony and was watching over Falmouth....I guess the "guard dog" came out in it!

IMG_6505_zps248ce5d1.jpg

A brief nap was enjoyed and then off to enjoy some iced latte and an iced frappacino while we strolled around deck 5 and then up to the Diamond Lounge to watch some activity at the pool.

It was soon time, that I grab the MacBook and do some posts while waiting for the aerial act to begin at 5:15. The lower levels of the centrum are abuzz with eager folks waiting for the action to begin!

One really nice thing about Royal is they keep their pools and Jacuzzis open 24hours a day for people who want to go relax late (late late) at night. I don't think many other cruise lines, if any keep pool hours like that.

I am love reading your review! Great attitude. It's fun reading it and following along.

New Orleans is one of our favorite cities. There is truly something special about that city. People I have talked to, seem to love it or hate it. We love it.

One more thing. Radio Margaritaville on Sirius is a channel I listen to often. It takes me on a cruise to nowhere, while I am driving someplace. :p

Thanks again!

I also listen to a lot of Margaritaville on Sirius/XM and well, I have to confess, that is the majority of songs on my playlist on my mobile device as well.

Thanks for following and I am glad that you are enjoying!

Thoroughly enjoying your review and pictures. We were on the Serenade several years ago; she's a great ship and we loved sailing aboard.

Donna,

Thanks a bunch! We sailed Serenade for the first time in 2012 and are throughly enjoying her hospitality and familiarity these two weeks!!!

Our next daydream is to do a back to back Alaska. We could only be so blessed if it would be our good friend, the Serenade of the Seas.:D

Thanks again!

We are actually planning to use the Jaccuzzi late one evening on our next cruise, which happens to be on Indy, in less than two weeks. We have always said we would but didn't -- this time we are planning a little get together with friends at the hot tub in the late evening to MAKE SURE we do.

Paulette hope you write a trip report. Have a blast!

I am not very good at writing reviews....I am usually too busy being a 'camp counselor' with the people I am with and the 'person leading silly behavior' -- to cover all the details others would want to read about.

I always have a blast!