Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

A big THANK YOU for all your good work, time and efforts Havana Daydreamin!!!

You have pleasured and comforted so many especially in light of the recent issues with Serenade of the Seas. :p

We be sailin' on Her soon! :cool:

... Dave (& Carolyn)

Wow! Loving this review and seriously thinking of cruising out of NOLA. I have a friend there, it would be nice.

Sorry to hear about the staterooms who couldn't cruise - oh my gosh, that would be SO disappointing!! Glad you made it.

Looking forward to the rest of your fantastic cruise.

God bless, Mary

Wow! Loving this review and seriously thinking of cruising out of NOLA. I have a friend there, it would be nice.

Sorry to hear about the staterooms who couldn't cruise - oh my gosh, that would be SO disappointing!! Glad you made it.

Looking forward to the rest of your fantastic cruise.

God bless, Mary

Just a tip but if you want a Royal Caribbean experience out of NOLA you might want to jump on it. It's my understanding that RCI is leaving the port at the end of March.

Having sailed from NOLA for the first time last year I found that it was a very enjoyable port to cruise from. I would hope that at some point in the future RCI might reconsider their decision.

Havana:

Would it be possible to let me know how much the unlimited wi-fi package is for 1 and 2 devices aboard? Also, how is connectivity?

Thanks for your posts (and photos), they are great

The unlimited wi-fi package that I picked for one device connected at a time starts at $189. There is a two device connected at one time unlimited package that I believe was $229.

Unless you really plan on having two connected a lot, it has been easy to share the one.

Of course, the loyalty discounts take the cost down some. I posted that earlier in the week after boarding. You may wish to check that out.

Hope this helps.

WHOOPS....I forgot the connectivity question. Connectivity has been fairly steady throughout. It was HORRIBLE the first day, but that had to be part of the electrical issues. It has been good enough to upload pictures and do posting. It takes a little patience, but I have done my posts, etc. probably not spending more than an hour per day unless I just want to hang on for awhile.

Edited by Havana Daydreamin

We had an absolutely wonderful sea day morning. The temperatures were pleasant, in fact, almost hot on the balcony as the sun was coming right at it. We enjoyed the warmth and the peace for awhile and then it was time to go do some daydreaming on deck 5 or else take a nap on the balcony and wake up to a sunburn!:eek:

I include some sea scapes as the seas were so very calm and beautiful for the first part of the morning.

Behind the rail is where I sat enjoying a nice Cohiba from a sampler box that had been in my humidor for around 3 years.

Periodically, we would have to get up and look over the rail and enjoy the sea!

seascape_zps9ee7aff8.jpg

IMG_6048_zps1a628cd8.jpg

SeaScape3_zps420e83bb.jpg

IMG_6059_zps63351493.jpg

We enjoyed the morning just like this until it was time to venture to the Consecutive Cruisers meeting at 11 AM.

Great photos! Thanks again for a great review - and you have a full 2nd week to enjoy!

Just curious but we have friend on board (a bartender named Alok). We've sailed with him several times on the Serenade. Have you met him by chance? Nice guy! Looking forward to seeing him again in a couple of weeks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, I have not had the pleasure as of yet. I will watch this next week.

We had an absolutely wonderful sea day morning. The temperatures were pleasant, in fact, almost hot on the balcony as the sun was coming right at it. We enjoyed the warmth and the peace for awhile and then it was time to go do some daydreaming on deck 5 or else take a nap on the balcony and wake up to a sunburn!:eek:

I include some sea scapes as the seas were so very calm and beautiful for the first part of the morning.

Behind the rail is where I sat enjoying a nice Cohiba from a sampler box that had been in my humidor for around 3 years.

Periodically, we would have to get up and look over the rail and enjoy the sea!

seascape_zps9ee7aff8.jpg

IMG_6048_zps1a628cd8.jpg

SeaScape3_zps420e83bb.jpg

IMG_6059_zps63351493.jpg

We enjoyed the morning just like this until it was time to venture to the Consecutive Cruisers meeting at 11 AM.

Wow rarely do you ever see the Caribbean that tranquil! What a day!

The information for Consecutive Cruisers was posted earlier. The information shared was pretty much as listed and opportunity for questions and clarifications was given either as a group or individually for your specific needs.

You can go off on your own before 9:15 if you plan to explore New Orleans on your own. If so, you will need your old sea pass and ID information and a completed customs form to debark. At the gangway, you will receive your new sea pass to re-board later.

You may not rebound until after 11 AM and no later than 3 PM.

If you choose to stay for turnaround, there is a chance all will be done on board the ship. But that won’t be certain until tomorrow. I expect we will need to leave the ship as a group and then come back as a group for the turnaround.

A noon lunch will be served in the Main Dining Room on Deck 4 for the returners.

I noted that you can leave after 11 on your own. I will need to do this to verify the parking due to the confusion of last week even by the lot attendants who refused to take my payment for two weeks certain that we would not be sailing. I was told, I would be fine, but I would sooner make that definite rather than come back next week to a towed vehicle.

I can make that trip quickly and be back on for lunch. I hope.

I can say more about this tomorrow after the experience.

Thanks to all for the very kind comments and thoughts.

Just a tip but if you want a Royal Caribbean experience out of NOLA you might want to jump on it. It's my understanding that RCI is leaving the port at the end of March.

Having sailed from NOLA for the first time last year I found that it was a very enjoyable port to cruise from. I would hope that at some point in the future RCI might reconsider their decision.

RCI isn't leaving until the middle of April. We were on Serenade in February and when we heard several weeks ago that she was repositioning to Boston the middle of April we booked the last cruise (loop) that sails on April 4. Even though we live in Florida, NOLA rather than other Florida ports, is more convenient for us as a port since we live in the panhandle. Plus, NOLA is a fun weekend place, especially once you get to know the area. Hopefully, RCI will bring another ship in soon! (Sorry Havana daydreamin for "hijacking" your great review for a minute. ;)

The information for Consecutive Cruisers was posted earlier. The information shared was pretty much as listed and opportunity for questions and clarifications was given either as a group or individually for your specific needs.

Thank you for providing information regarding B2B cruising. We will do a B2B on the Serenade in March. I will be interested to hear how easy it is to reboard if you leave the ship to walk around New Orleans.

Was the lunch anything special. . . or just a place to be. [anything is better than the WJ on turn around day.

Can the views of the sun be any better?

I believe we were treated to a marvelous sunrise and now a sunset. Took these off the corner of the balcony.

A little choppy this evening, but ok...made getting a level shot a bit tricky.:D

Those who depart tomorrow, I hope got to enjoy this view and we look forward to another week of them.

Sunset_zpsb9014ec1.jpg

sunset1_zpsa17e0ee4.jpg

Thank you for providing information regarding B2B cruising. We will do a B2B on the Serenade in March. I will be interested to hear how easy it is to reboard if you leave the ship to walk around New Orleans.

Was the lunch anything special. . . or just a place to be. [anything is better than the WJ on turn around day.

The lunch last week was not on turn around day. It was the next day.

Havanna Daydreaming - You have posted some really beautiful pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do that and keeping us posted on daily activities. Sorry there were so many who were not able to do this voyage because of the problems. Things like that can not be avoided. Life goes on.

We have a group of 8 sailing the Serenade of the Seas in 3 weeks. Your reviews and various posts have been appreciated. Enjoy your second week. We love doing B2B sailings.

Actually it was scheduled for that day before the leak ever happened. It was the turnaround the week before (17th). Someone said that Serenade usually did not have the luncheon on the actual turnaround day...don't know if that is true or not, just know that ours was not.

Hi Havana Daydreamin,

I haven't had the chance to post this week due to work, but I have enjoyed popping in from time to time and reliving my cruise through you. Your pictures are amazing. I hope that you have as amazing a trip next week as you did this one and I hope that all affected cabins are fixed and everyone booked will be sailing tomorrow. A couple of questions, did you get a chance to visit St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Key West? I know that you are interested in churches and that one is beautiful. The day that we went, there was a wonderful organ concert. Also, were you able to attend John Blair's tribute to Neil Diamond? We went and if you had blindfolded me I would have thought that it was Neil himself.

Thank you so much for your wonderful post.

Anne:)

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in NOLA. It's a wonderful place. We were booked for cabin 8511. Left the pier at 2:30pm and drove straight back to Austin. 400 cabins couldn't board. We never got any calls or email, just had to do our own scouting to find out what was (or wasn't) going on.

Actually it was scheduled for that day before the leak ever happened. It was the turnaround the week before (17th). Someone said that Serenade usually did not have the luncheon on the actual turnaround day...don't know if that is true or not, just know that ours was not.

I understand....I just reflect on what we experience.

Makes me wonder if they alternate weeks for when they have it. Just so I make lunch.....WAIT!!!!.....I haven't missed it all week so I guess it will be fine.:)

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in NOLA. It's a wonderful place. We were booked for cabin 8511. Left the pier at 2:30pm and drove straight back to Austin. 400 cabins couldn't board. We never got any calls or email, just had to do our own scouting to find out what was (or wasn't) going on.

That is such a shame. We were all reading about the cancelled staterooms, and we were so sorry to hear and read about what happened. :( But welcome to Cruise Critic! I hope you will give cruising another try, with the savings from this disappointment.

Edited by Coralc

Great photos! Thanks again for a great review - and you have a full 2nd week to enjoy!

Just curious but we have friend on board (a bartender named Alok). We've sailed with him several times on the Serenade. Have you met him by chance? Nice guy! Looking forward to seeing him again in a couple of weeks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A friend who is currently on the 2 day Freedom cruise asked me to post and let you know that Alok is now on Freedom.

The lunch last week was not on turn around day. It was the next day.

Yes, they had bigger fish to fry so to speak last week.:)

It will be on turn around day tomorrow.

It is interesting that they do not always do it on turn around day. I thought the purpose was to give B2B cruisers a nice option rather than the WJ on this day. :confused:

We will likely get off the ship to spend more time in NOLA.