Room Service-MDR Menu-Suite

GreenValleyDogWalker

All the times we have traveled in a suite - we've never ordered Room Service from the MDR Menu.

Because of tight "activities schedule" (yeah !) - On day of embarkation - We would like to try it on our up-coming 3-Day Cruise (Golden Princess) (thanks to CC board poster for suggestion !)

Just how do you go about doing that ? (sounds like a dumb questions, doesn't it ?) Do we just call the Dine Line as soon as we get into the room ? -

Or - do we have to wait until after the muster drill for Room Service to answer the phone...

THANKS !!

When ever you are ready you call room service and ,depending on the time of day, you can order off the regular MDR menu lunch or dinner menu. Normally it will take 20-30 minutes for delivery.

We never have tried to order an MDR lunch or dinner on embarkation day since we would not have had a menu in the cabin.

Your room steward can deliver the next day's menu to your cabin each evening.

You order the food from the MDR menu through room service. However this option is only available when the MDRs are open and serving food as the food is actually picked up from the MDR kitchen.

We have been fairly unimpressed with this service as all food is brought at once and entrees are typically lukewarm at best when we are ready to eat that course. You probably could order each course separately but that would make for a longer meal. We have ordered ice cream or soufflés for later delivery so that they are properly hot or cold at the end of the meal. We tipped each time they brought food.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was in the Crown's owner's suite a few days ago and ordered from the MDR menu. It was a sea day. Called at 1130am for lunch. Was told the earliest delivery possible was 1230pm. It arrived at 1255pm and it was cold.

While a nice perk I suspect suite delivery is no faster than a regular stateroom.

Happy cruising

I was in the Crown's owner's suite a few days ago and ordered from the MDR menu. It was a sea day. Called at 1130am for lunch. Was told the earliest delivery possible was 1230pm. It arrived at 1255pm and it was cold.

While a nice perk I suspect suite delivery is no faster than a regular stateroom.

Happy cruising

Not good to hear.

We have always had great, prompt service when ordering from the MDR menu.

Hopefully that was just a fluke.

Mike:)