Spice H20

Sotermarler

Does Spice H20 show movies, TV etc. during the daytime? We had the Vibe pass last time so we never thought to check it out. How busy does it get, totally packed? I am trying to decide if we would be happy with that instead of paying for the Vibe next time. We are leaving the little ones home so we want a kid free zone.

On Epic last month, it was busy but not too crowded. As folks would leave throughout the day, the remaining folks would shift into better positions. On Epic Spice is a quiet zone during the day. I would prefer they play some relaxing music, kind of like the world mix they had at Paradise Beach in Mykonos. They played videos during the day of global flyovers. The mood was good and relaxing, and it was definitely a contrast to the noise and activities at the main pool. I made a deliberate decision not to get a Vibe/Posh pass and I didn't regret it.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Hi. Is there a bar and dining area there if so what kind of food do they serve ?

All have bars. Spice H2O on Epic has a grill; on the -aways Uptown Grill and Flamingo Grill, respectively, are adjacent to Spice H2O but not part of the area. On the upcoming Escape, Margaritaville will be part of Spice H20, and folks are excited about that.

The grill at Spice H2O on Epic had burgers, chicken, and an Asian dish every day. I liked the quality, and I typically had lunch there most days.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Hi there,

Sailing Epic next week (YAY!!! :))

Are there any shaded areas in Spice H20? Looking to find a good area to just relax most of the week!

Thanks!

There are umbrellas by the bar at the very top. Unfortunately, this is also the smoking area. Later in the day the terracing gives a bit of a shadow, and I saw folks shifting accordingly. Also, the pool was often completely shaded by the giant video wall. I would love to see Norwegian offer a few umbrellas, especially as I've had skin cancer and don't want to get it again.!

I hope you have an awesome time.

Too bad they dont show something more interesting. Thank you all for the information. Im sure it Will be a blast with the new Magaritaville going in.

Yes to both.

I'm begging Norwegian to play some nice soothing daytime chill music at Spice H2O instead of having silence. A company like Norwegian that spends a lot of money to create an environment should know that having music of some kind sets a mood a whole lot better than silence does. When there's no background music, I am forced to listen to random conversation, deck chairs scraping along the surface, plates clanking on tables, etc. I went to the Paradise Beach Club in Mykonos and it was perfect. They had a nice world beat chill track playing in the background and it set the mood brilliantly. I think most hotel pools in Miami do the same thing. I also think Norwegian could just put the video wall into screen-saver mode and have a randomly generated graphic. Or, they could just turn it off during the day. I'm very thankful, however, that they don't have some kind of TV programming by the pool like on other cruise lines.

Spice H2O on Escape should be the best yet. I'm booked on a 14-night B2B and I will be spending a lot of time there. I can't wait. :D

I agree with you Cruiser, mood music is needed. The Vibe had music but it was so quiet I didn't realize it until the last few days. They should put the bow camera on the screen and then you could watch the waves from both ends of the ship. We are going to be on the Nov 14, 7 day on Escape. ..can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I agree with you Cruiser, mood music is needed. The Vibe had music but it was so quiet I didn't realize it until the last few days. They should put the bow camera on the screen and then you could watch the waves from both ends of the ship. We are going to be on the Nov 14, 7 day on Escape. ..can't wait!

I think your bow cam suggestion might create a tear in the space/time continuum! :p You're going to experience Escape a lot sooner than I will. I'm jealous! Let us know how you fare.

• 2 months later...
Yes to both.

I'm begging Norwegian to play some nice soothing daytime chill music at Spice H2O instead of having silence. A company like Norwegian that spends a lot of money to create an environment should know that having music of some kind sets a mood a whole lot better than silence does. When there's no background music, I am forced to listen to random conversation, deck chairs scraping along the surface, plates clanking on tables, etc. I went to the Paradise Beach Club in Mykonos and it was perfect. They had a nice world beat chill track playing in the background and it set the mood brilliantly. I think most hotel pools in Miami do the same thing. I also think Norwegian could just put the video wall into screen-saver mode and have a randomly generated graphic. Or, they could just turn it off during the day. I'm very thankful, however, that they don't have some kind of TV programming by the pool like on other cruise lines.

Spice H2O on Escape should be the best yet. I'm booked on a 14-night B2B and I will be spending a lot of time there. I can't wait. :D

I have a question...does the Spice H2O have a cover charge? We are also going on the Escape November 21st sailing. I thought maybe there was movies played on the big screen but it looks like that may not be. Any info on Spice H2O would be much appreciated!

NCL has stated on their website that Spice H2O on the Escape will be adults only all day and night. From what I understand, Spice on other ships is adults only during the day and opens for children in the evening for all the deck parties. Since it is stated differently for the Escape, I'm not sure how that will work. Unless they will have the deck parties by the center pools. There is more floor space there than the others with the bar there having a smaller footprint with two floors. We shall see...

And no, no cover charge. Spice H2O is free.

Edited by minnesotamamafish

I hope they enforce the 'Adults Only' in Spice H2O on the Escape. When we were on the Epic, there were lots of little kids there day and night. The kids have plenty of areas to play in and I like to have a bit of peace and quiet during the day, relaxing by a pool and it was impossible with all the kids running around. I don't like to sound negative but what's the point of 'Adults Only' if they don't enforce it? We retreated to the top where the tables were and asked to have the umbrella put up. The waiter told us that the umbrella was broken so we couldn't put it up. Yet an hour later, the very same waiter was putting that umbrella up. They need to get their stories straight. I think we'll try Vibe on Escape in December although the water area in Spice H2O looks very interesting!

Edited by Diver2014

I hope they enforce the rule too. This is Thanksgiving week and we went on that week in 2013 and there are a lot of kids. They have a lot of wonderful areas for the kids so it would be nice to have this area for the adults.

I also read something about the area for adults that you pay for called the Vibe...I read it was $79 per week per person. This was on the Getaway so I assume the price will be close to that on the Escape. I read that the weekly passes for the Vibe go quickly so if interested it is something to get on the first day. Since we have a few sea days this may be an option. I would like to see what both of the areas look like. Is there a way to find this out before boarding the ship?

The only blurb about Vibe on NCL's website is this:

"Guests ages 18 and over will also have the opportunity to enjoy another private retreat – Vibe Beach Club – by purchasing an access pass. Complete with ocean views, a large hot tub, luxurious chaise loungers and a soothing water feature, Vibe Beach Club will be the ideal spot for adults to escape, offering a serene, comfortable setting while soaking up the sun. A full-service bar, water spritzers and chilled towels complete the exclusive experience."

No mention of price of the access pass but I've read on other threads to beeline to Guest Services as soon as you board to get a pass - apparently only 20 or so are sold. H20 looks really exciting and an improvement over Epic and the 'aways H20.

I just wanted to add that while Spice H2O is a wonderful area on the Epic, the exhaust from the ship flies straight into that area on some days.

I had to leave because of a headache after just 15 minutes there on my last cruise, and the smell was unbearable.

The only blurb about Vibe on NCL's website is this:

"Guests ages 18 and over will also have the opportunity to enjoy another private retreat – Vibe Beach Club – by purchasing an access pass. Complete with ocean views, a large hot tub, luxurious chaise loungers and a soothing water feature, Vibe Beach Club will be the ideal spot for adults to escape, offering a serene, comfortable setting while soaking up the sun. A full-service bar, water spritzers and chilled towels complete the exclusive experience."

No mention of price of the access pass but I've read on other threads to beeline to Guest Services as soon as you board to get a pass - apparently only 20 or so are sold. H20 looks really exciting and an improvement over Epic and the 'aways H20.

H2O does look exciting!!

• 2 months later...

So the Vibe and Spice H2O are different? Do you have pay extra for passes to Spice H2O like the Vibe? I'm looking for a kid free zone. A teacher traveling with another teacher and a retired teacher. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spice H2O is included, we have been there on the Epic twice before and will be traveling on the Escape this time.

We found it quiet and children free, we both like to read on holiday. If children did try and get in they were quickly shooed away by the staff. Like others have said there are plenty of places for children on the ship and I appreciate an adults only area and it is one of the reasons we like NCL.

I cannot comment on Vibe as we have never been there.

We are both in our 40s.

Spice H2O is included, we have been there on the Epic twice before and will be traveling on the Escape this time.

We found it quiet and children free, we both like to read on holiday. If children did try and get in they were quickly shooed away by the staff. Like others have said there are plenty of places for children on the ship and I appreciate an adults only area and it is one of the reasons we like NCL.

I cannot comment on Vibe as we have never been there.

We are both in our 40s.

Great minds think alike! I just wish someone would have enforced the 'adults only' in Spice H2O when we were on the Epic. Some people thought that applied to everyone's kids except theirs - on the lounge chairs, in the pool, in the sauna.....staff didn't say anything to them.

I hope they enforce the rule too. This is Thanksgiving week and we went on that week in 2013 and there are a lot of kids. They have a lot of wonderful areas for the kids so it would be nice to have this area for the adults.

I also read something about the area for adults that you pay for called the Vibe...I read it was $79 per week per person. This was on the Getaway so I assume the price will be close to that on the Escape. I read that the weekly passes for the Vibe go quickly so if interested it is something to get on the first day. Since we have a few sea days this may be an option. I would like to see what both of the areas look like. Is there a way to find this out before boarding the ship?

Do a search, there are plenty of pics of vibe. If you think you're interested, you need to be among the first to board, passes typically sell out in the first 20-30 minutes.