Title of girls in Piazza

Mario100

This is the reason I took a closeup picture of the name tag of a crew member on a recent cruise. I never would have come up with the title "wine tender" for the person but that's what it said on his name tag. We were on Star Princess and had the most excellent service (and fun) from Christopher in Vines. We did the Stammtisch table twice in addition to other "stops" in Vines. At all times he was cheerful, personable, outgoing, yet totally professional.

I am filling out the survey from our last cruise.Doe's anyone know the title of the girls that work in the piazza serving coffee /cleaning tables.

There is a head waiter in overall charge. (rarely seen)

There is one (full) waitress who is in charge. The additional

servers are usually Buffet Stewards or Jr. Waitresses.

It is not unusual for one of the Jr. Waitresses to work part

of the day in the piazza, and then do dinner service in the

dining room.

Additionally, as you've probably noticed, people are on call from

throughout the ship. If it's a sea day, and it suddenly starts

raining -- people from the open deck, or the lido may be called

to the piazza to help out with the crowd. You'll notice that they

are wearing the uniform for that duty, rather than the

black skirt+white shirt for the piazza.

If you name someone by name in the survey (in a good way)

that is a benefit to the person.

This is the reason I took a closeup picture of the name tag of a crew member on a recent cruise. I never would have come up with the title "wine tender" for the person but that's what it said on his name tag. We were on Star Princess and had the most excellent service (and fun) from Christopher in Vines. We did the Stammtisch table twice in addition to other "stops" in Vines. At all times he was cheerful, personable, outgoing, yet totally professional.

THANK YOU! Instead of only keeping a manual pen and notebook record, I will ask permission to take a photo of their nametag, explaining that I want to give feedback to the Company. I am Mobility and Vision-Impaired so will need help particularly in the Buffet, and want to give feedback/commendation where it is deserved to Princess. This will back up my written notes-I intend to give the camera a heck of a workout! Already bought 1 memory card, will look at purchasing another battery so 1 being using and the back-up recharging. Am watching for the next special on memory cards, and have found the best price for notepads for written notes. Rather than the hassle of a slow computer, I think comprehensive handwritten notes on the actual cruise, then transcribe and post when I get back to the hotel in Adelaide after flying in from Sydney will be easier for me. There's more than enough to explore on the ship to keep me busy! :D

I am altering my plans slightly to do medical tests that 1 should be done this year, but is only available to me in the State Capital. I don't want to stretch my budget by flying this year, but am happy to spend a few days in the State Capital and do the medical tests; drool at the Panda Bears at the Adelaide Zoo (Funi's my favourite but any cuddly panda will do!); and travel down to see my aunt-she's a fair way to travel and getting frailer, but she absolutely understood me wanting to do the catch up next year when I had the photos, souvenirs, and paperwork collected on the cruise to show her.

Crochetcruise :cool: