? for those who have stayed embassy suites FLL

ddsdoc

if one was to take a taxi to the port from this hotel instead of a shuttle, is it better to have the hotel call the taxi for you (assuming they would call to begin with) or should you call yourself....are taxis plentiful from this hotel?? my wife has some mobility issues so i would rather deal with a taxi than a shuttle full of people

The morning we embarked Vision, there was a big Carnival ship or two leaving, and another big one as well. There were TONS of taxis lined up, along with the madness of the shuttles.

I would definitely do a taxi, and I wouldn't have an issue asking the hotel to call one for me if there isn't one out there. We nearly went in and had them refund our shuttle tickets, so we could just get into a taxi. With all those big ships and little bitty Vision, we had to wait about 40 minutes in the humidity (October) for our little shuttle van.

Embassy was great overall! We stayed a few days pre-cruise and had a lot of fun there.

When your ready to leave just walk out the main entrance, turn left and a cabie will be waiting about 20 yards away at the entrance to the lot.

DH waved his hand, cab drove up ----we agreed on a price $20 included tip and was for 3 adults and 6 bags.......

Others have gotten it for less amt but its ok.

Off we went.

The first year we went they tried to sell their shuttle and told us cabs were backed up, we called the cab ourselves........the number is on the roof of every cab and their are a millioin of them.

Safe journey

Please keep using shuttles' date=' it frees up the same priced taxis.;)[/quote']

And that is the taxi ride for $15 with tip, not $15 per person for the shuttle. ;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Haha we've had mixed experiences. The cab is definitely cheaper, but we've had issues with Fort Lauderdale cabbies on more than one occasion trying to unjustifiably charge us extra for things they shouldn't. Of course, they had no way of knowing that we're from NYC and are used to dealing with cabbie shenanigans. :p I can also read, which they clearly weren't counting on.

I think a couple times over the years we've ended up in the claustrophobic Embassy Shuttle. I most likely would not take it again, but neither experience was particularly bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We were at a different hotel but decided to use taxi vs hotel shuttle. Sooo glad we did BC shuttle was crammed full. I went online to the taxi website (it is a name of a color) and booked two taxis for 6 people. It was $14 plus tip. And, they arrived at the hotel 15 minutes early. We got to independence OTS around 10:00 and we had all our luggage with us. We never did this before but we took all luggage thru security, check in, and onto the ship. We also had all our luggage at lunch at the windjammer...sort of a pain, BUT we got to the room at 1:00 and were able to be unpacked quickly. We then explored the ship while others were waiting for their suitcases. Hands down do a taxi and call them yourself or do so on the website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My sister parked her car at es 2 weeks ago....they ended up walking to pier 2 as it took about 10 min....she said the shuttle was a mob scene and would have taken them a couple of trips before it would be their turn....apparently they allow people to park so it is not just guests waiting for the shuttle....I would grab a cab...

We just did this 2 weeks ago. We walked out and asked the bellman for a taxi. He had us wait in a line with 3 other couples and said we would get the fourth taxi. We waited about a minute and 4 taxi's pulled up. They actually loaded from the back to the front so we got the first taxi.

It was under $10 to the pier and we tipped another 10 because we had 4 big heavy suitcases! :D

Was at the Embassy recently ....do the taxi cab.....The desk can get you a cab if some are not outside the hotel already......the shuttle we took had people for three different ships and traffic was really backed up ...luckily we were the first off (thank God) or we could have easily been on the shuttle for an hour or more. For those wanting to get to the ship ASAP and board it...do the taxi. If you have the time and do not care when you arrive...take the shuttle.