Luggage Tags?

jrapps

When do you usually receive luggage tags in the mail? Our cruise leaves in 55 days, just wondering when I should call RC vs just waiting?

Unless you are in a suite they don't mail out the luggage tags anymore unless you pay a fee. You can log in and print them out or get them from a porter at the pier.

When do you usually receive luggage tags in the mail? Our cruise leaves in 55 days, just wondering when I should call RC vs just waiting?

Unless you are sailing in a Grand Suite or higher, you don't receive them in the mail. At 49(+/-) days away from the cruise, you will get an email saying your cruise documents are ready to print. The luggage tags will be in that package that you print out.

If you are in a GS or higher you can order them when your docs are available at 49 days from sailing. Otherwise you can print out your tags when your docs are ready. A button will appear to print them out. If you're not in a GS or higher you can have your docs mailed to you for $35.00. This will include the luggage tags.

OK, makes sense. My S&S card can be printed now and in there it says "The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation and any associated reservations in your SetSail Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use official luggage tags for your bags." but it never said how to print the actual tags.

I will wait for 40ish days out and look again. (just getting impatient, wishing Spring Break was here now)

When your e-docs are ready, you'll have an additional button on your SetSail Pass page to print your luggage tags. (This gives you a single page PDF that has your luggage tag in it.)

SetSail-Pass---Luggage-Tags~0.jpg

My e-docs were ready right at 49 days and I was able to print my luggage tags. They're so pretty!

normal_IMG_0684.jpg

Edited by Daghis

Here's a tip for everyone!

Put a luggage tag on all handles of your luggage! Mine were ripped off sometime after I handed over my luggage. It was the nice one like the picture above. Didn't get my bags for a long time so now I put one on each of the handles of my luggage just in case.

When your e-docs are ready, you'll have an additional button on your SetSail Pass page to print your luggage tags. (This gives you a single page PDF that has your luggage tag in it.)

SetSail-Pass---Luggage-Tags~0.jpg

My e-docs were ready right at 49 days and I was able to print my luggage tags. They're so pretty!

normal_IMG_0684.jpg

The Ben and Jerry's suite??? :p:p

Do they email you the info? ( we sail in Mid March... any idea when we should get the email?) And when you print them... do they have to be on a color printer or does plain old Black and White work??

How is best to attach them to the suitcases? Dont want them pulling off...

Do they email you the info? ( we sail in Mid March... any idea when we should get the email?) And when you print them... do they have to be on a color printer or does plain old Black and White work??

How is best to attach them to the suitcases? Dont want them pulling off...

They don't email the documents to you. They're available for download/printing on RCI's website under 'My Cruises'. Color or B/W doesn't matter (personally, I like color).

We folded ours over then put packing tape on them. Before going to the ship, we wrapped them around the handle and used more packing tape to secure them.

Avery also offers "full sheet labels". I think you can get four tags/sheet, cut out the individual labels, then stick them together around your handle.

Or you can just get tags from the porters.

We sail March 14th and as stated you won't get an email. I just kept checking until I saw that "print luggage tag" button appear. I first saw it about three days ago, but my brother said he printed his at least a month ago.

Easiest attachment method is shown. Buy the plastic luggage tag holders from the Cruise Critic store. There are two sizes, but I just bought the large one and they worked fine with Carnival and RCCL tags. They are very strong and I doubt it would be very easy to get them pulled off.

I have been told color doesn't matter, but I always do mine in color.

Also, on one of my prior cruises (can't recall which one) I couldn't get the bar code or cabin number to print fully. I tried two different printers and no luck. Somebody suggested using Foxfire or Chrome (can't recall which) rather than Explorer, which worked for some reason.

They don't email the documents to you. They're available for download/printing on RCI's website under 'My Cruises'. Color or B/W doesn't matter (personally, I like color).

We folded ours over then put packing tape on them. Before going to the ship, we wrapped them around the handle and used more packing tape to secure them.

Avery also offers "full sheet labels". I think you can get four tags/sheet, cut out the individual labels, then stick them together around your handle.

Or you can just get tags from the porters.

We got some emailed with the guest booklet

Emily

Get your luggage tags from the porters...You're going to tip them anyways..put them to work!

Which porters are you talking about?

I got off the Mariner on Monday just gone. Monday before when handing in bags we were to leave them in a specific area, no cruise staff available so you must put luggage tags that are available from guest booklet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk