Bag of beer.

Wyuna1

Did the bag of beer take the place of the bucket of beers? Years ago could get a bucket of 5 or 6 beers at a discounted price.

Buckets are still available. The bags started out as a promotion that kept growing. Most ships were running out of bags on the first day. At first you could only get Budweiser products. I don't know if that's still the case.

I have seen them on some ships but in limited quantities, bought mine on Indy this past Thanksgiving and they were pushing them like crazy all cruise.

I think my deal was if you bought 5 beers they threw in the 6th for "free", there were multiple types of bottled beer available, price varied depending on what type of beer you bought. Corona was my poison with a little cup of lime wedges floating in the bag ;)

Nice bag, not a "huge" deal but every bit helps !

Noticed on another thread (Vision Cruise review) that a cooler bag of beer in ice was available. Is that a fleet wide offer or just on Vision?

I believe its fleet wide now, but I see your in Australia, so I cant' speak specifically to that, but I'll be others can.

We got them on Freedom a month ago - Miller Lite and DosEquis - buy 8 get 2 free. It was great! We would buy 2 bags and have a party on our balcony at sail away. Bartenders gave us plenty of limes, and the bottle opener is built right in to the cooler. Beers were a bit over $6 each (with the tip) - not terrible.

Bags are open top thermals - Royal blue with yellow piping and a carrying strap. Not incredibly practical for anything else,:) but fun for the cruise!