Intercontinental Doral

madgemonica

We are on the Coral 12th April.We are booked into Intercontinental Hotel Doral pre cruise with a Princess Air package. Has anyone else stayed there. Our flight from UK doesn't get in till 6.15 pm so we won't be there long! Do the Princess pre cruise hotel bookings include breakfast?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stayed there as part of the transfer package Dec 2014. Hotel OK but breakfast wasn't included. Another point worth considering is that the Princess transfer bus to the port arrives fairly late for boarding, 13.30 ish. So we took a metered taxi to Port Everglades it cost $85 plus tip.

Very nice, but busy, hotel :)

Breakfast not included

....had room service dinner, which was very nice but rather expensive I thought

Princess transfer was incredibly slick and well organised - lovely lady Princess agent , who had clearly been doing the job for many years :D

...yes, gets to the port later, but much of the crowd had cleared so boarding was painless :)

We are on the Coral 12th April.We are booked into Intercontinental Hotel Doral pre cruise with a Princess Air package. Has anyone else stayed there. Our flight from UK doesn't get in till 6.15 pm so we won't be there long! Do the Princess pre cruise hotel bookings include breakfast?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stayed there a couple of times with Princess. Doesn`t include breakfast but there is a Mcdonalds/Wendys at the traffic lights if you turn left at the hotel. If you turn right there are more eating houses on the other side of the road. There is a Walmart where you can buy wine etc. Go past Mcdonalds and it is on the same side of the road (about a 20 min walk) Last time we stayed there we were picked up at 1pm and did not arrive till 3pm due to heavy traffic. Bit of a rush to get on board and they were closing the buffet as the muster drill was about to start. We are cruising in March and are staying at Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale and it is only 10 mins in a cab

Enjoy your cruise

Its a nice clean hotel, when we went it wasn't particularly busy though there was a wedding being held. There is a nice pool out the back which sometimes gets low flying jets over it. The lady doing the organising did one of my cruises in 2005, she has been at it a long time!

doralic.jpg

Here is a view out the window of our room with McDonalds in view, Walmart is further up the road.

doralmcd.jpg

Annoyingly they do tend to keep you back and take you to the ship in the afternoon, we got on at 2:30pm in the end. Hope that helps.

PS I often wondered if its called Doral as in Dooral or as in Coral!!

Edited by CCFC