San Juan @ 3:30

soxfan2013

If you are embarking in San Juan, you won't really have time to leave the ship and return again before the ship leaves. The terminal building is not near any tourist attractions, nor is there anything within walking distance of it. You will need to be back on board in time for the muster drill, so you are better of just checking in, going to your stateroom, unpacking and enjoying your exploration of the ship, and not try to leave the ship to go anywhere.

Seems like a strange time to get to port...what are some people's favorite things to do in San Juan from 4-8 during this brief stopover?

Why not fly in a day or two early and get to see some of San Juan?

My one issue with ocean cruising. One only has a couple of hours in port as a day tripper.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

If you like fine dining ( and by that I mean $$$), make reservations for Marmalade for dinner. That is what we are doing in March. Few drinks at the parrot club and the dinner.

Karen

Edited by KEG21552

If you like fine dining ( and by that I mean $$$), make reservations for Marmalade for dinner. That is what we are doing in March. Few drinks at the parrot club and the dinner.

Karen

I have considered a paid dinner, but I think I'm going to buy the ultimate dining package for $29/person/night, so I think I'll dine on board...thought about going poolside at a hotel...or, is there a boutique place for drinks w a great view?

Seems like a strange time to get to port...what are some people's favorite things to do in San Juan from 4-8 during this brief stopover?

We did the Reflection in December for the short stop. You dock in old San Juan. We walked thru old San Juan and went to fort El Moro. We in a few stores. Walked back to the ship. Old San Juan is nice to walk thru. Getting off the ship they are people selling tours if you want to do a tour.

Just off Silhouette on Sunday. Captain got us into port about an hour ahead of schedule. Had plenty of time to walk through Old San Juan to El Morro. $5 gets you admission to both forts. Views were gorgeous. Stopped at the cathedral on the way back. Stumbled upon a great local hat shop that had some old maps for sale in back room. Great mojitos at bar next door, but did not partake. I thought we would feel rushed, but with a late dinner reservation back on the ship we had plenty of time to relax and enjoy what Old San Juan has to offer.

Paul

If you are doing ultimate dining, book the Lawn Club Grill and have dining overlooking the lights of San Juan. We did this last week and it was great! We met others from our roll call and had a table for 12. It was a great (and safe) way to spend the evening in SJ!

We are on Reflection in 2.5 weeks, stopping in San Juan at 3:30. We have been so many times (and love SJ). But we bought the 5-night dinner package and have premium beverage package so we don't want to spend too much money on food/drink ashore. We love walking around Old San Juan. But last minute decided to book a tour...we are doing the bike ride...hoping it makes up for the eating and drinking we will be doing.

I did look into the food/drink walking tour and it didn't run on Mondays. Didn't find the second company, we might have done that too, but the bike ride will be good for us...even if we finish last.

Summit011604, I would love to hear more about your Silhouette Eastern! We are on the 3/29 sailing. We booked last minute, enticed by the 123go to try Concierge for the first time. Can you tell me which Sea Day the Brunch will take place? I want to request a Spa booking. What did you think of the ports? Did you happen to save your Celebrity Today guides? Thanks for anything you can share!! :)

I'm on the Reflection which arrives in SJ at 3:30 pm on Day 3 and departs at 10pm.

When we arrived at that time we started with a 2 hour Segway tour, followed by some cocktails as a nice establishment (after roaming around on foot for a bit) that were accompanied by some good live music. Re-boarded the ship for dinner and then roamed around again for another after dinner cocktail. The Segway tour was amazing.

Love SJU so much we have done multiple land holidays there and are now getting ready for our second cruise with an SJU departure.