Cunard question for california pam

rayandshirl

;)Pam, you have cruise experience and information that I always find informative and helpful. I'm tempted to book a cruise on Cunard (the brochure price is terrific) but am hesitant with their after 6:00 pm attire rule that is strictly enforced. Have you sailed on the Cunard line and did you find the dress standard a bit cumbersome? Thank you Pam and to any other cruisers with Cunard sail time!:)

We took a 36 day cruise out of L.A. to the South Pacific on the Cunard Queen Elizabeth a couple of years ago.

I do not like wearing a suit, but I put up with it and it was no big deal . I would change back into comfy clothes after dinner. Occasionally I wore the suit after dinner, usually to the Churchill lounge for cigars.

;)Pam, you have cruise experience and information that I always find informative and helpful. I'm tempted to book a cruise on Cunard (the brochure price is terrific) but am hesitant with their after 6:00 pm attire rule that is strictly enforced. Have you sailed on the Cunard line and did you find the dress standard a bit cumbersome? Thank you Pam and to any other cruisers with Cunard sail time!:)

It is strictly enforced and no, I didn't find it cumbersome. I actually found it easier: six nights formalwear = throw 6 cocktail dresses in suitcase. Packing done! I always remain dressed for the entire evening even on Princess, so that part didn't bother me, either. Only you know what is cumbersome to you, though. I thought Cunard's formal nights were very much a different vibe than those on Princess; you probably will want to be dressed up and be part of the atmosphere since it is virtually the entire ship.

I really enjoyed Cunard and I'd cruise them more often if I could find better pricing. If you found a deal, I say go for it!