Best Quiet Beach with a Bar

bannerboxer

We r in port from noon to 10pm though. The all inclusives close by 5 or 6.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

For a quiter nonAI beach I would suggest Playa Palancar but I believe they are only open until 5pm too. From most of the beach clubs you would need to move onto a bar nearer the port, or in town later on.

Beach bars that stay open later include The Money Bar (no real beach but a man-made sandy area with loungers and hammocks) and I believe Ocean Club, but I have no experience of the latter.

Other suggestions would be a hotel pass. Some hotels offer rates for later stays or some people have reported being able to stay on after expiry of pass without food and drink, to relax and watch sunset. I dont think you need an actual pass at the smaller hotel of Playa Azul (northern zone) just PAYG. Their beach bar advertises open until 7pm (of course that could depend on demand).

There's also the Money Bar. Small beach, somewhat rocky bottom Good snorkeling. Decent bar and food. Closer to southern piers than Nachi and Playa Palancar. And yes, with Coz shifting to Eastern Standard Time this next month, you'll be SOL after 5PM for any beach. But there are plenty of things to do downtown.

We r in port from noon to 10pm though. The all inclusives close by 5 or 6.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

Check the web sites - often Mr. Sanchos and/or Nachi will stay open late when a ship is in port late.

I like Corona Beach Club for nice place, quiet, not crowded (at least the 2 times we have been there), and not near as far as Palancar. Oh yes, they have a bar and food.

If you are not interested in swimming or snorkeling, you might look into some bars on the east (wild) side of the island.

See if you can get a day pass for Secrets Resort, I think they still offer them. Nice beach, great snorkeling close in and it is AI, only real problem is no showers since it is a hotel but there are some to wash the salt off.

Pleanty of seating and towels, plus they have their own doc, and since it is a hotel AI, you can probably grab dinner there too.

I like Corona Beach Club for nice place, quiet, not crowded (at least the 2 times we have been there), and not near as far as Palancar. Oh yes, they have a bar and food.

If you are not interested in swimming or snorkeling, you might look into some bars on the east (wild) side of the island.

And for that I'd highly recommend Bar Marley's Rasta Bar (Paradise?) or Albert's new beach just down the road. Taxi cost for 2 might be on the high side.

Playa Corona is an often overlooked option for West Side beaches because it's small. Might be taking over the old Carlos N Charlie's beach crowd. It's just past Chankanaab and before San Francisco and Paradise Beach.

I agree that Corona will probably be less crowded but I don't remember any loungers there and certainly no beach since it is ironstone - hence good for snorkeling. As far as I recall only tables and chairs and umbrellas?

The beach bars on the east coast are also good and generally quieter but will certainly not be open late (no electricity) - one of the OP's requirements.

We are not into the big crowds of the all inclusive type beaches. We are looking for the best quiet beach that not crowded with thousands of people..... but.... still has to have a bar!!! Maybe even bar service??? lol

Suggestions?

We love the Money Bar, not a real beach but a retaining wall back filled with sand. Free lounge chairs, clean bathrooms, great nachos and guacamole, no children and very good snorkeling. It's not too far from town so the taxi fare is cheap, there is a pier and stairs with railing into the water for swimming. There is a shower to wash of salt water and snorkeling equipment can be rented if needed. They also offer intro to diving classes.

In fact, my husband likes the water entry better than a traditional 'beach'. Oh and I have had some great massages there too!

Can't wait to go back.

Because it's not a beach club they are open into the evening.

How far in advance do you need to make reservations at the AI hotels?

We will be there Tuesday (cruise leaves this Saturday).

Are the beaches close by the pier or a short/cheap cab ride? I believe we are docking at the International Pier.

thanks.

How far in advance do you need to make reservations at the AI hotels?

We will be there Tuesday (cruise leaves this Saturday).

Are the beaches close by the pier or a short/cheap cab ride? I believe we are docking at the International Pier.

thanks.

Cozumel Watersports and island marketing are brokers that both offer passes to several different AI hotels if you don't have time to contact hotels direct for information.

El Cid and Park Royal are a few minutes walk from International Pier.and Puerta Maya. Lots of other hotels offering day passes short taxi ride away.

Cozumel Watersports and island marketing are brokers that both offer passes to several different AI hotels if you don't have time to contact hotels direct for information.

El Cid and Park Royal are a few minutes walk from International Pier.and Puerta Maya. Lots of other hotels offering day passes short taxi ride away.

Can we just walk over t ElCid or Park Royal and buy a day pass?

Can we just walk over t ElCid or Park Royal and buy a day pass?

Yes that has how it has been. I always email reservations before sailing to check current policy and prices.

El Cid usually has several packages: the cheapest (that we have taken) was just under $20 with a $10 food and beverage credit. This covers wifi, pool facilities etc. Then they offer AI day or evening packages for around $50-55 pp. Usually more through various brokers. Park Royal was $40pp AI last time I checked and I think the facilities are nicer but package is 11am-6pm and has never fitted in with our port times.