Beverage Package Question

mom3x

Can you buy the drinks package second day into the cruise making it cheaper?

I spoke to someone at Royal Caribbean last night about this very thing. They said that once you upgrade to a drinks package, you can't downgrade and you have to have at least 3 full days left on your cruise.

So, if one wants wine with dinner, a frozen fruity concoction here and there, and iced coffee drinks with way too much sugar, what's the best way to go?? (Again, I'm on IOS) And, WHY does this have to be so confusing????

Are the frozen fruity drinks boozey? If so, you're looking more to an alcohol containing package. If they are virgin, then you might be looking at something like Replenish and then just buying a glass of wine with dinner.

I'm not sure why it's so confusing. I personally don't find it that confusing, but then I've been looking at the packages since about November 2013 when they changed in time for our January 2014 Freedom cruise.

I think I've seen links to this before, but if you google "cruise with gambee" Gambee has links to menus with prices.

Thanks Molly.

If it is Liptons tea, we will bring our own teabags.:rolleyes:

Cheers.

The Liptons style tea is free, though. Use theirs, LOL.

The premium tea is Tazo brand, from what I've seen. That's the extra-fee (or included in packages as long as you're not at the branded Starbucks store on Oasis and Allure (and maybe Anthem?)) tea.

Hi Lil....

Thanks for the reply.

I understood that Starbucks would not be in my package,but wondering about the free coffee & if the free coffee had Latte/ Cappuccino , again one may only get this type in Starbucks.

Cheers.

No, the free coffee does not include latte, cappuccino or any espresso based drink. It is basic brewed coffee

liverpoollad - do you know what package is included with your "all-inclusive"?

We could be giving you incorrect information....

mom3x - If you like fresh squeezed OJ, 1 or 2 latte/cappuccino and the frozen (virgin) drinks by the pool and after dinner you might want to get the Royal Replenishment this also includes bottled water, which you can grab a few to take off the ship with you (if you want to add rum to the pina colada or daiquiri I think you can just buy a shot and add it to your drink... thats my plan anyways since we arent big drinkers)

If you want the alcohol drinks (Premium Package) you need to drink about 6 a day to make it worthwhile. this does not include the fresh squeezed OJ - Specialty coffee or bottled water That you will need the Ultimate Package.

omro1975 - my understanding is you can change your drink package (up or down or buy one) as long as you have 4 days (maybe its 4 nights) left on a cruise

Dont forget you can bring on 2 bottles of wine/champagne onboard with you the day you depart

Edited by LilBlackDress

mom3x - If you like fresh squeezed OJ, 1 or 2 latte/cappuccino and the frozen (virgin) drinks by the pool and after dinner you might want to get the Royal Replenishment this also includes bottled water, which you can grab a few to take off the ship with you (if you want to add rum to the pina colada or daiquiri I think you can just buy a shot and add it to your drink... thats my plan anyways since we arent big drinkers)

If you want the alcohol drinks (Premium Package) you need to drink about 6 a day to make it worthwhile. this does not include the fresh squeezed OJ - Specialty coffee or bottled water That you will need the Ultimate Package.

omro1975 - my understanding is you can change your drink package (up or down or buy one) as long as you have 4 days (maybe its 4 nights) left on a cruise

Dont forget you can bring on 2 bottles of wine/champagne onboard with you the day you depart

It's the Select Package that's included in the All Inclusive deal

Are the frozen fruity drinks boozey? If so, you're looking more to an alcohol containing package. If they are virgin, then you might be looking at something like Replenish and then just buying a glass of wine with dinner.

I'm not sure why it's so confusing. I personally don't find it that confusing, but then I've been looking at the packages since about November 2013 when they changed in time for our January 2014 Freedom cruise.

This is really the first time I've looked into it *at all.* Now that I've found links with additional info, I'm figuring it out. Plus, I did look at the menus, that helps.

I have a tendency to make things a lot more difficult than they really are. =)

The way in which I realized it was after sailing on the Oasis....

Non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain water & soda included in all packages (worth noting, the soda/water fountain only allows 1 fill every 15 minutes, and there's a chip in your cup to keep track)

Royal Replenish is premium coffee (latte, cappuccino) and tea, bottled water, and fresh squeezed OJ

Select is Beer and Wine (up to $8 value)

Premium is Select plus all liquor drinks

Ultimate combines all plans

You can change your plan (or purchase a new one) up to the midpoint of the cruise (so on a 7 day cruise you have until I believe until the end of your 3rd day to buy)

• 4 weeks later...

So we ended up opting for the Royal Refreshment Package. We both purchased it. My other half was annoyed that the drinks cups were the same as on the Majesty a year and a half ago and that I told him not to bring that one we got then and we found plenty of other people on board using old cups and get around the system.

So we ended up opting for the Royal Refreshment Package. We both purchased it. My other half was annoyed that the drinks cups were the same as on the Majesty a year and a half ago and that I told him not to bring that one we got then and we found plenty of other people on board using old cups and get around the system.

The old cups may work when you want a soda in a bar, but they won't work in the Freestyle machines. Plus, if someone asks to see your SeaPass card, and don't find a sticker, you might find that they take the cup.

Edited by clarea

The old cups may work when you want a soda in a bar, but they won't work in the Freestyle machines. Plus, if someone asks to see your SeaPass card, and don't find a sticker, you might find that they take the cup.

No one asked for the cards when handed the cups.

I was told that you can elect to start a drinks package at any point, as long as you have at least 3 full cruising days left. Once you start a package, you cannot stop it for the remainder of the cruise.

True, except you must have at least 4 days left.

That's not what I was told onboard the Adventure OTS last week.

Interesting. Maybe Royal has changed the policy, but it's been 4 days for a while now. You can get the package on 3-day cruises, so maybe that is confusing the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Is the only difference between the Ultimate Package and the Premium is with the Premium I can get specialty coffee, OJ and sparkling water? Other than the coffee, is it the same?

Also, I will have a wine/champagne drinker with me. For her, she is mostly a champagne drinker with some glasses of wine. I guess any package would be a waste for her, correct.

Thank you.

Edited by js

Hi.

Is the only difference between the Ultimate Package and the Premium is with the Premium I can get specialty coffee? Other than the coffee, is it the same?

Thank you.

Not quite. The Ultimate adds specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparking water to the Premium package.

Not quite. The Ultimate adds specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled sparking water to the Premium package.

Thank you! I wish I could have you on speed dial LOL

I need the sparkling water with my wine but don't care about the OJ and only need my coffee in the morning, but could get use to having a cappuccino during the day.

Think I'll get the Ultimate. It isn't that much of a difference and only drink water or alcohol so will enjoy the sparkling water LOL

Thanks!

We are on Oasis so where do we get specialty coffee and what is the price?

The espresso stands onboard (called Latte-tudes or at Cafe Promenade...not sure exactly what it's called on Oasis) that are NOT the branded "Starbucks" will have espresso drinks you can buy with your Ultimate or Replenish packages.

Price lists can be found on various threads, or just figure that they'll be about the same cost per drink (if paying out of pocket) as at a local espresso place.

Drat, clarea got there first. :)