Suite/cabin types on the Odyssey

fudge

Fudge,

Glad to help clarify the matter. Don't want you to incur the wrath of Mrs. Fudge.

We live on the US but use a UK TA. In my five years of using this company they have always been able to beat the price quoted by Seabourn. As I do have to pay in GBP I once in a while run into an unfavorable currency exchange( last summer!). But the best part about using this company is how helpful and responsive they are --- even these thousands of miles apart. I cannot provide their name here as it is against CC rules but if you are interested and want to give me your email address I will be most happy to provide the contact info.

And once you do book do go to the referral thread above to request a $400 coupon. You could use the credit to surprise the Mrs. with a nice a day or a very special bottle of wine( or you could just use it for more mundane items such as Internet packages or laundry services).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on our first Seabourn cruise in February to New Zealand and Australia and loved it so much we are now looking at a cruise next year through the Panama Canal. We have not found any good rates through US TA's and would be interested in the one you mention in the UK.

Could you send us the info? Our email is ehjbej@gmail.com. Thanks.

We are last minute bookers, so we have to get what we are given in OB category. On our last cruise with SB our cabin was 521.....my heart sunk, and I was dreading hearing the elevators whirring all day and night or people thumping up the stairs directly next to our cabin. I was stunned not to hear ANYTHING from the stairs or the elevator. NOTHING!! So just a heads up on cabin placement and don't worry about the elevators.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope to book our first Seabourn cruise shortly (on Quest). Curious if anyone can tell me if we book one of the more aft of the A1 cabins on Deck 4, what will be below us on Deck 3? I'm pretty sensitive to noise and never book a cabin without knowing what's above, below, and next to me but for the price difference, we're going to have to go with an OV this cruise.

Thanks!

Hope to book our first Seabourn cruise shortly (on Quest). Curious if anyone can tell me if we book one of the more aft of the A1 cabins on Deck 4, what will be below us on Deck 3? I'm pretty sensitive to noise and never book a cabin without knowing what's above, below, and next to me but for the price difference, we're going to have to go with an OV this cruise.

Thanks!

If choosing one of the aftmost cabins you MIGHT have some noise from the tender station/bay, otherwise (From what some friends of mine that were in a similar cabin) there was no noise.

We're also in an OB this August on the Odyssey.

When allocating cabins, is this done randomly by SB, or do they look at past history (Silver Member now becoming Gold), time of booking, price paid etc.?

We're also in an OB this August on the Odyssey.

When allocating cabins, is this done randomly by SB, or do they look at past history (Silver Member now becoming Gold), time of booking, price paid etc.?

I don't know if anyone here knows the definitive answer to this.

We've booked two cruises on this basis.

The first time we paid for V1 GTY and were allocated a V6 on deck 8. That was only our second SB cruise. We only had 18 nights on SB at that point. We booked the cruise about two weeks before sail date. We were given the allocation about 7 days before.

The second time we booked on this basis were allocated a V5 on deck 6. By that time we had many more nights on SB. We booked it six months before sail date. It was a 14 day segment of the world cruise. We were given our suite number about 14 days before sail date.

I would like to think that on world cruise segments that SB will allocate better suites to those who are taking longer segments than we did, but I have no reason to know if this is the case or not.

Personally I prefer to book a specific suite, but on both of these cruises we had no option to do that so we took a chance.

Fudge - OP - if you're reading, not long to go now! Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Ravenscroft

• 6 months later...
If you are looking at V1 or V2 bear in mind that they have 80 cm of metal from balcony floor up. Then there is class and a railing. I would not want a V1 too far forward because the balconies can be smaller with the tapering of the hull, as you can see on the ship deck plans.

Happy sailing!

Looking at Odyssey and read about the V1/V2 balconies and couldn't find a picture to understand the description. Your description is exactly what I needed. Perfect.

Love this forum! :D