Faster to the Fun question

tea4ular

So I've never had to opt for this "convenience" because we are so close to port we drive and are always early. Our next trip is different. We'll be flying into Houston and ground transferring to Galveston. Doing a bunch of research, I think there's value in this program for this trip.

Here's my question having never done this before...I'm on Carnival's website, logged in, etc., but when I go to purchase it says "Not available for purchase"

Can someone with experience in this program explain this? Thanks in advance!

So I've never had to opt for this "convenience" because we are so close to port we drive and are always early. Our next trip is different. We'll be flying into Houston and ground transferring to Galveston. Doing a bunch of research, I think there's value in this program for this trip.

Here's my question having never done this before...I'm on Carnival's website, logged in, etc., but when I go to purchase it says "Not available for purchase"

Can someone with experience in this program explain this? Thanks in advance!

Does it say, "Sold Out"? If so, keep watching it daily, or even several times a day. Often times more will open up, or someone may cancel which would open up a slot. It has been said, if I recall, that they typically release them in increments of 15, until truly sold out.

The staff can only get a certain number of rooms ready by the time guests start boarding. Platinum and Diamond level guests automatically get FTTF, then Carnival sells the rest depending on how many are left. As the cruise gets closer and they know how many Platinum and Diamond guest they have they often open up more FTTF tickets for purchase. Check daily and buy it as soon as you see it because sometimes they sell out fast.

Edited by Miller_KC

The staff can only get a certain number of rooms ready by the time guests start boarding. Platinum and Diamond level guests automatically get FTTF, then Carnival sells the rest depending on how many are left. As the cruise gets closer and they know how many Platinum and Diamond guest they have they often open up more FTTF tickets for purchase. Check daily and buy it as soon as you see it because sometimes they sell out fast.

That isn't true. It is a KNOWN FACT it is NOT DEPENDENT on the amount of Platinum and Diamond passengers. They WANT US to BELIEVE it is to prevent a further insult to injury.

On the Sunshine Transatlantic comprised of a minimum of 75% Platinum and Diamond passengers, three sets were released. On the cruises that were free specifically for Platinum and Diamond passengers, three sets were released.

FTTF does not show up as an option until 6 months out from your cruise. Whoever you spoke with at Carnival had no clue and was grasping at straws I think.

Even if you did not use it to get on early.....there are plenty of other uses for it and I have used them all at one time or another..... I have had it on all of my cruises so far.

If you called Carnival back, you would get yet another different answer....lol

Edited by lizziez00

I agree. Whoever you spoke to at Carnival is wrong. Getting into your room early, preferred tenders, preferred disembark and dedicated line at pursor's desk are all FTTF benefits that would have nothing to do with your airport transfers.

It is most likely, as others have said, that you are too far out from your sail date. Are any of the other excursions available?

Fttf is in fact posted prior to the 6 month mark before your cruise. I got it last night for my thanksgiving 2015 cruise and we got one last march for our Jan 2015 cruise.

Also, carnival released well over 45 FTTFs for our Jan 2015 cruise.

Fttf is in fact posted prior to the 6 month mark before your cruise. I got it last night for my thanksgiving 2015 cruise and we got one last march for our Jan 2015 cruise.

Also, carnival released well over 45 FTTFs for our Jan 2015 cruise.

LOL...see....no rhyme or reason. And if you ask why at Carnival, you will get as many different answers as people you speak with :rolleyes:

I was just going off of what John Heald responded to me when I asked last year on his FB page....so even different from the Brand Ambassador :confused:

FTTF does not show up as an option until 6 months out from your cruise. Whoever you spoke with at Carnival had no clue and was grasping at straws I think.

Even if you did not use it to get on early.....there are plenty of other uses for it and I have used them all at one time or another..... I have had it on all of my cruises so far.

If you called Carnival back, you would get yet another different answer....lol

Not true.....I booked my cruise for August back in October and I purchased FTTF the day I booked the cruise

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I read once on a carnival.com forum that the reason you can't purchase both the transfers and FTTF online is because they have the same "time" listed and it conflicts. The poster said they were able to call and get it fixed or you can cancel the transfers and purchase the FTTF then call carnival to add the transfers...

Edited by cowboys88

I booked FTTF for an upcoming cruise out of Galveston. I later decided to use the CCL airport transfer but when I tried to book online received an error message something like "guest was not available". I ended up calling directly and was booked. I later read in another thread that a person could not book FTTF if they used a Carnival transfer.

I have a cruise booked for August and was able to buy FTTF the day after for both cabins. I also purchased it well before 6 months with my sailings last year and the year before.

Not sure why Carnival won't allow you to book FTTF if you use their transfers. There are other benefits to it besides early boarding. You should be able to get it if you want to and it's available. I would email shoreexcursions at carnival dot com.

Never done FTTF. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have gotten it every cruise since they started offering it. For us, it's totally worth it. Especially if you have a tender port. We also like that we can go directly to our ready & waiting cabin when we board the ship (we always get there early) and drop off our carry on's before getting lunch. some people feel that it's a waste of money, but it's my money and I can spend it how I like...and I like convenience.