Pride pictures - post 2.0?

khrivnak

Jamman54, we will also be doing the Pride in May so I agree with Jamscckmc -- can't wait for your review. Legend has been a favorite of ours, so when the Pride comes back to Baltimore, it will be a "must do."

Also dreaming, planning and saving for the cruise of my dreams next January. Back-2-Back on Pride for 21 days!!!!! :eek:

Hi :)

I located a 14 minute video of the Carnival Pride that was taken soon after its dry dock.

The video does not show everything, its all I can find, but thought I would share it here.

The new waterworks area is at about the 9 & a half minute mark.

Carnival Pride

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

It sounded like it was narrated by Judi Dench, yes quite funny. Like the old lady that wrote a review of Olive Garden not realizing it was a huge chain.

LOL i was thinking that too!!! on both counts, especially the marilyn hagerty olive garden review :)

OP, my blog is eurocaribegetaways.blogspot.com. We just got off the Pride 1/25. You'll find a ton of pictures both of the ship and the ports there. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Wonderful pictures!. We live near Baltimore, where the Pride has been docked for the past couple of years. We were considering it for this year but instead selected the RC ship, Grandeur of the Seas, which is also docked there. I think we'll have to give the Pride a try sometime in the future.

OP, my blog is eurocaribegetaways.blogspot.com. We just got off the Pride 1/25. You'll find a ton of pictures both of the ship and the ports there. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Thanks!!! checking them out now!

Wonderful pictures!. We live near Baltimore, where the Pride has been docked for the past couple of years. We were considering it for this year but instead selected the RC ship, Grandeur of the Seas, which is also docked there. I think we'll have to give the Pride a try sometime in the future.

Not sure this will help you decide for a future cruise, but I can tell you this from my experience; we have been sailing for 30 years, 48 cruises across numerous lines and counting. The crew of this ship was topped only by one other cruise we've taken (coincidentally, another Carnival ship in 2010). I cannot speak highly enough of the customer service on board, literally from every single staff member we encountered. This was our first cruise since 2010 where we were genuinely sorry to see it end and wished we had another week on board! I highly recommend this ship to anyone on the fence!

Not sure this will help you decide for a future cruise, but I can tell you this from my experience; we have been sailing for 30 years, 48 cruises across numerous lines and counting. The crew of this ship was topped only by one other cruise we've taken (coincidentally, another Carnival ship in 2010). I cannot speak highly enough of the customer service on board, literally from every single staff member we encountered. This was our first cruise since 2010 where we were genuinely sorry to see it end and wished we had another week on board! I highly recommend this ship to anyone on the fence!

Pride was my first ship too, Vanessa and I agree about the service. By far superior to what I had on the Liberty!!!

One question... I glanced quick through pictures. What I dont see, but have heard, is that the 2.0 added a movie screen. I cant find pictures of it.... can you verify if they have one?

Pride was my first ship too, Vanessa and I agree about the service. By far superior to what I had on the Liberty!!!

One question... I glanced quick through pictures. What I dont see, but have heard, is that the 2.0 added a movie screen. I cant find pictures of it.... can you verify if they have one?

They do not have the big screen that hangs over head like some ships do. They do have a big screen at the Lido (we watched the playoffs there!) but much smaller than the overhead screens to be sure. I did not get a picture of it, sorry to say :(

They do not have the big screen that hangs over head like some ships do. They do have a big screen at the Lido (we watched the playoffs there!) but much smaller than the overhead screens to be sure. I did not get a picture of it, sorry to say :(

Where is it situated?

Id love if someone can get a picture of it... I cant quite bring up a mental image of what it looks like

Sadly, I do not have one shot of the screen. I can tell you where it is though. If you go to the Carnival website and look at the deck plans for the Pride you'll see the lido deck plan. The screen is in the Venus Main pool area. It is located between the Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy's burgers. You'll see a stage there on the deck plan. The screen spans the width of the wall behind the stage. Hope that helps.

Edited by Vanessa L

Where is it situated?

Id love if someone can get a picture of it... I cant quite bring up a mental image of what it looks like

This is where the screen is now. Correct Vanessa?

DSC09680.JPG

Edited by Jamman54