Wine lovers the musical

jmv

I enjoyed the show on the Getaway. I thought the performers were good; the songs were fun; we got to try out a number of wines; and the food was decent. $25 per person. It's a lunch show, not a dinner show. Here's the menu:

WineLoversMusical1.jpg

WineLoversMusical2.jpg

Has anyone been to see this? It says it's a comedy as well as a musical. Is there a fee? I can't seem to find much info on it. Thanks

Did it once, wouldn't do it again and if an actual wine tasting was offered, would do that instead.

Of course, that depends on what you are looking for. If it's a wine tasting, pass. If it's an afternoon's entertainment where wine is serviced, then sure.

Edited by Ex-Calgarian

The show was pretty cheesy, but the performers (on the Getaway) knew it and owned it. We all enjoyed it much more than we expected. Good sized pours helped as well.

They offer a veggie entree as well (that someone at our table had) though I don't recall what it was.

We went because we love both musicals and wine (good thing because we live in Oregon close to a lot of wonderful wineries). We enjoyed it all - the food, the show and the wine :) There's even some wine education done in a fun non patronizing way. We'd attend this again.

Since the menu seems to mimic the dinner show menu, then my guess is that the vegetarian option is Eggplant Parm... but someone else would need to confirm my guess.

I, too, would be interested in knowing if the 20% UDP discount applies to the luncheon.

Since the menu seems to mimic the dinner show menu, then my guess is that the vegetarian option is Eggplant Parm... but someone else would need to confirm my guess.

I, too, would be interested in knowing if the 20% UDP discount applies to the luncheon.

We have UDP and booked it online and had to pay full price whereas our Ocean Blue reservation price was discounted.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give any additional specific information? For example, how long is the show? Are the glasses full glasses or tasting portions? Is it interactive. being forced to participate would be a definite no for us! Thanks!!

Can anyone give any additional specific information? For example, how long is the show? Are the glasses full glasses or tasting portions? Is it interactive. being forced to participate would be a definite no for us! Thanks!!

It is a luncheon show - lasts maybe an hour or a little longer. We like wine and musical shows so it didn't drag for us. The wine glasses are decent size tasting portions - you are prompted when to try the next wine as part of the show. There isn't really any audience participation so you are safe :)

• 6 months later...

Can anyone update regarding the menu alternatives?? We are booked for this over Halloween on the Getaway and curious how to alter the menu? My husband is not a seafood fan, and I'm not a fan of Cajun... but we really would like to enjoy this experience... Obviously if we pick at our meals, we won't starve with all the other meal options available on the Getaway- just would like to be prepared!

Can anyone update regarding the menu alternatives?? We are booked for this over Halloween on the Getaway and curious how to alter the menu? My husband is not a seafood fan, and I'm not a fan of Cajun... but we really would like to enjoy this experience... Obviously if we pick at our meals, we won't starve with all the other meal options available on the Getaway- just would like to be prepared!

I've done the dinner shows in the past, if you don't like what they're serving they will pretty much bring you anything. I asked for a cheeseburger and order of french fries and was able to get it.

I've done the dinner shows in the past, if you don't like what they're serving they will pretty much bring you anything. I asked for a cheeseburger and order of french fries and was able to get it.

That's what I wanted to hear! Thank you! No matter what, we'll enjoy it :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk