Kangaroo Island tender location

Johhno

Hi Johhno,

We visited KI in November last year on Volendam.

The ship's tender went to Penneshaw. We had an independent tour organised who picked us up there - "Adventures Beyond" from Adelaide. Can highly recommend this tour.

Be prepared for a cold wet and windy day! But great scenery and wildlife makes up for the weather!

Be glad to add further details if required, just ask.

Rosee

I can recommend a great tour in Adelaide, if you're friend is interested

A great day out full of Port Adelaide's fascinating and often dark history, some thrilling stories, good local food, drink and hospitality.

Discover Port Adelaide the state heritage area of Port Adelaide

• The famous Lighthouse

• Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary

• World’s oldest surviving clipper ship

• Port Dock Brewery Hotel including a Ghost crime tour

• Historic Lipson Street

Free time for shopping

Photo opportunities

We were also on Volendam in November. Luckily we were one of the last tenders to the jetty before the weather caused the tenders to stop until later in the day. We did a ship's coach tour - 4 hours and a bit expensive by ship tours' pricing. But well worth it in memories. It was a local driver and he never stopped coming forward with information and answering questions. Despite the wild and wet conditions it was a great tour. Loved the trip onto the beach with the seals and the aromas of the eucalyptus distillery. Loved Kangaroo Island.

• 2 weeks later...

We just signed up for a Circumnavigation of Australia cruise in Oct - Nov 2015. One of our stops in Kangaroo Island. HAL has not put up any shore excursions yet so I have no idea what their shore excursions are. Can someone tell me the prices on the Kangaroo Island tours. Also looking for info on Komodo Island.

We just signed up for a Circumnavigation of Australia cruise in Oct - Nov 2015. One of our stops in Kangaroo Island. HAL has not put up any shore excursions yet so I have no idea what their shore excursions are. Can someone tell me the prices on the Kangaroo Island tours. Also looking for info on Komodo Island.

HAL usually lists excursions for individual cruises approximately 6/7 months before the cruise.

We were on the HAL Australian Circumnavigation cruise last year, our records show that we booked the Komodo Island excursion (that I mentioned on your Komodo Island thread) March 21st.

Edited by erewhon