The choose one promotion is the best value out there

DreamingBig1

Just booked a western Caribbean cruise on the Star, with the current "choose one" promotion. Basically received the Ultimate Drink Package for the normal fare price. Incredible!

Many so called "deals" are just pricing schemes :rolleyes:, this isn't one :).

Kudos to NCL. We are RCL fans, so this made the idea of trying NCL a no brainer. Plus NCL Star is getting refurbished soon, so that was also a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing what NCL has to offer. Hopefully we become fans for life.

Just wanted to share.

It sure is. We got back from the Dawn after getting a suite with all three - dining, beverage and $300 OBC - and it only cost us under $2k! The value of the packages is $1440, so we made out pretty well!

If anyone's looking for a last minute deal, I saw one of the TAs offering a suite for the Feb 8th sailing for $859 each, and trust me, the suite life is just that - sweet!

It sure is. We got back from the Dawn after getting a suite with all three - dining, beverage and $300 OBC - and it only cost us under $2k! The value of the packages is $1440, so we made out pretty well!

If anyone's looking for a last minute deal, I saw one of the TAs offering a suite for the Feb 8th sailing for $859 each, and trust me, the suite life is just that - sweet!

We only use a cabin for sleep (we are never in the cabin), so initially we inquired about a inside cabin. We like using the money for snorkeling and port activities.

Well interested I asked about the new promotion. Turns out that we only had to go up slightly and get a obstructed ocean view (not a stellar cabin agreed).

Couldn't agree more with the value of this promo. We were originally booked on a 14 day European cruise for this summer in an inside cabin. We decided to "upgrade" to an outside gty to be eligible for this promo and got to choose BOTH the UDP and the UBP. The amount of $ to rebook from an inside to outside cabin was less than the retail cost of just the UDP.

And just one more thought, I noticed the price for our Jade cruise in July on the NCL web site was so much more expensive than our TA's quote. I also saw the price of this cruise to be much cheaper on a few online web sites as well. Not sure why NCL's price was so much more expensive but the pricing through our TA made the switch a no brainer.

Couldn't agree more with the value of this promo. We were originally booked on a 14 day European cruise for this summer in an inside cabin. We decided to "upgrade" to an outside gty to be eligible for this promo and got to choose BOTH the UDP and the UBP. The amount of $ to rebook from an inside to outside cabin was less than the retail cost of just the UDP.

And just one more thought, I noticed the price for our Jade cruise in July on the NCL web site was so much more expensive than our TA's quote. I also saw the price of this cruise to be much cheaper on a few online web sites as well. Not sure why NCL's price was so much more expensive but the pricing through our TA made the switch a no brainer.

So.... to get two of the packages you just have to book a balcony?

So.... to get two of the packages you just have to book a balcony?

Nope, Europe cruises you are allowed to pick 2 of the 3 choices (UDP, UBP, or OBC) but you have to book a minimum of an outside cabin, not necessarily a balcony. We booked the lowest/cheapest outside gty. 14 days of speciality dining and free drinks might be more than my body can take!

I have a haven booked for Dec. I got it during the 10% cash back so I have $460 OBC. I have been debating all months if I should rebook or not. I am not a very big drinker.

Go for it! You would get all three offers, which for a 7-night cruise is worth $1450ish. The $300 OBC and the dining package are worth $540 alone and the few drinks you do have tip it way over. Remember, it includes soda, juice and non-alcoholic cocktails as well as spirits, beer and wine up to $10 a time, so it's amazing how quickly it adds up. I'm not a big drinker and my wife rarely drinks at all but it was fun trying out a few new things and just relaxing knowing it wasn't increasing the bill.

I found that my thinking changed too. Instead of just ordering what I know I'd like just to make sure I didn't waste money (both drinks and in the restaurants), I was able to try other things too. For example, when you're paying $30 to eat in Cagney's, the obvious thing to do is order steak, which is wonderful, but on the last night, I ordered the lobster tail and shrimp linguini, which was sublime!

Go for it! You would get all three offers, which for a 7-night cruise is worth $1450ish. The $300 OBC and the dining package are worth $540 alone and the few drinks you do have tip it way over. Remember, it includes soda, juice and non-alcoholic cocktails as well as spirits, beer and wine up to $10 a time, so it's amazing how quickly it adds up. I'm not a big drinker and my wife rarely drinks at all but it was fun trying out a few new things and just relaxing knowing it wasn't increasing the bill.

I don't think it includes fresh squeezed juice.

I don't think it includes fresh squeezed juice.

Correct, which is why I didn't say 'fresh squeezed'. It does, however, include juice as stated. It also doesn't cover specialty coffee, but the poster I was responding to has a Lavazza coffee machine in the suite and some have reported getting after-dinner Irish coffee etc. without extra charge.

I found that my thinking changed too. Instead of just ordering what I know I'd like just to make sure I didn't waste money (both drinks and in the restaurants), I was able to try other things too. For example, when you're paying $30 to eat in Cagney's, the obvious thing to do is order steak, which is wonderful, but on the last night, I ordered the lobster tail and shrimp linguini, which was sublime!

you convinced me! I changed my promotion.

Correct, which is why I didn't say 'fresh squeezed'. It does, however, include juice as stated. It also doesn't cover specialty coffee, but the poster I was responding to has a Lavazza coffee machine in the suite and some have reported getting after-dinner Irish coffee etc. without extra charge.

Irish Coffee is a mixed drink, right? Isn't that why they'd get it without charge?

It's great that everyone's getting this promotion, but sad that studio guests are not eligible! I paid over $1000 for my room, and some folks paid that for a suite with all 3 perks! Come on NCL!😒

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app