staterooms for a family of 6

Hello All, I have a question. My brother and his family are doing their first cruise with us in 2016. We were looking on RCI website and trying to get prices. They have 4 kids. 2 girls and 2 boys. 13, 14, 16, 18. They wanted to get 3 rooms, a room for the girls and a room for the boys. Royal Caribbean will not let us book the rooms. Do you think we can call and they will let us get the staterooms. Or we need to get a 21 year old in each room? Please help, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Wade Cruisers Mom

CALL them...Yes..you CAN book that way..but you can't do it online. There are many milieus that have more kids than adults....CALL on the PHONE!!! Ask for a supervisor...if the person on the phone tells you no......

Edited by cb at sea

Or you can book connecting cabins with one adult and one child in one room and 2 children in second then book another room with 1 adult and one child. After boarding go to guest services to change passes for the one adult and other child to the correct rooms.

The booking system will only let you book four people to a reservation. I have a family of five. The way around this is book your three rooms for four people then call and they can add a mother reservation to add the other occupants of the room. Or you can book the whole thing over the phone. It is a rather long phone call to book over the phone though.

We just booked this same thing - except with more kids. My husband was booked in the middle and kids were booked on with side of him. Not connecting - just immediately next door. We also had another cabin 3 doors down. Once on board we switched everyone around and got a few extra keys made. I brought a sharpie and coded (did not write the room number) the extra keys so the kids would know which ones were the correct room.

Get 3 cabin - 6 people (teens) need 3 bathrooms!!!!

:)

As mentioned, the on-line system will not let you book a cabin unless at least one person is 21 or over. However, a simple phone call will do the trick. If the timing is not convenient, simply put a different birth date in on the booking, then call when the reservations desk is open to set the dates to the correct ones. This is absolutely necessary as the birth dates need to match when you board.

The only rule in place is that those in cabins under 21 need to be directly next to or across the hall from those 21 and over.