Large groups onboard

Kopy

This is sort of off topic but I would like to make an experienced comment about traveling with a young spouse who is in a wheelchair.

Personally, we have experienced nothing but courtesy, patience and kindness from able bodied passengers. I do think most cruisers with special needs practice the same virtues, however, there are self entitled snobs on both sides of the walker, wheelchair and scooter. I frequently cruise with my sister and gotta say, I personally would rather not be faced with a parade of mobility devices on a charted cruise since getting away from it is necessary and healthy for me personally.

Edited by lovey1103

Personal experience. After I reserved a Holland cruise I discovered that a charter company was selling the same cruise as a 100% charter. Holland continued to sell cabins on that cruise for at least a month while the charter company was also selling the company. I imagine Holland wasn't sure the charter would sell out.

I cancelled that cruise and booked another with a different cruise line. I should have waited to see if either the charter fell through or if Holland would offer me some kind of compensation if the charter sold out.

Edited by RocketMan275

I have been on cruises where there is an abundance of large scooters and electric wheel chairs. I never had too many problems in the public areas, but we did have problems getting in and out of our cabin the first curise. They had an inside cabin and we had an OV. They left it parked outside the cabin and it took most of the spaceto get up and down the hallway.

By the second cruise, they found a way to park them in another area. They provided space by the elevators or someone down the aisle. I think some were angry that they couldnot leave them outside the door, but there is a saftey issue with that as well.

Currently on the CB there's a group of 500 firemen. The only thing they've done to monopolize any place on the ship so far has been the show lounge during the Superbowl game and that wasn't enforced to any degree. They had a sign placed at the entrance that it was a private party but just about anyone walked right in as there was plenty of room for all. ;)

There's also a group of Polka dancers on board (don't know how many) but they're not allowed to have any organized dance parties anywhere on the ship. (even in the piazza during off hours). They're pretty upset about that & have scheduled a get-to-gether at a bar in Cozumel with only some Polka music playing. They did have one closed meeting on the ship earlier. we were actually looking forward to see them dance but not on Princess. :(

Talking to a group of them in Grand Cayman yesterday- it'll probably the last cruise on Princess for them.