Salad Bar in MDR

espmass

I recall on one cruise having a beautiful, enormous salad bar in the MDR for lunch one day during a 7 day Caribbean cruise. It had a huge variety of ingredients and servers to make it for you. I can't recall what ship but think perhaps it was the Explorer. Can anyone help with which ship it was? If it was RCI, can anyone tell me if they still have it since we'll be on the Adventure in a few weeks? Thanks.

It's the Tutti Salad Bar & and far as I know it is available on all Royal ships ...the MDR is only open for lunch on Sea Days...so that is the only day's they will have the salad bar for lunch...agree..it is delicious!

Main Dining Room - Sea Days - Tutti Salad Bar

Most people we sat with on our last cruise thought that they had to either order the Tutti Salad Bar or Order off the Menu! You CAN DO BOTH, if you want. I often ordered a sandwhich off the menu and asked that they cut all the sides because I was going to the salad bar, too! :D

This is one of our favorite part of the cruise !!!

It's the Tutti Salad Bar & and far as I know it is available on all Royal ships ...the MDR is only open for lunch on Sea Days...so that is the only day's they will have the salad bar for lunch...agree..it is delicious!

Yes, however, I found out from the Quantum cruisers that it is not available on this ship. Too bad.

One tip...unless you want a salad as big as your head, be sure to say "just a little" before each ingredient that you request (especially if you are planning to order anything off the menu...soup, sandwich, etc.). You will still get a very nice larger than average size salad. You can go back for more if you are still hungry. :)

One tip...unless you want a salad as big as your head, be sure to say "just a little" before each ingredient that you request (especially if you are planning to order anything off the menu...soup, sandwich, etc.). You will still get a very nice larger than average size salad. You can go back for more if you are still hungry. :)

Man that’s the truth. One Tutti Salad can easily feed two adults.

The staff actually make your salad, Subway fashion? Thats a nice twist. I love salad. The word salad bar made me a little nervous after hearing the recent issues with the GI virus raging its ugly head on some of the cruise ships! I think we will stay clear from the buffet in a couple of weeks and use the MDR....:eek:

Without a doubt, this is the truth. Even when I say "just a little" the salad is still way too big for me to finish. It is delicious and I always try my best!! :D

The staff actually make your salad, Subway fashion? Thats a nice twist. I love salad. The word salad bar made me a little nervous after hearing the recent issues with the GI virus raging its ugly head on some of the cruise ships! I think we will stay clear from the buffet in a couple of weeks and use the MDR....:eek:

They put all the ingredients you want in a large bowl, add the dressing of your choice, and then chop it up for you and mix the dressing in and then plate it for you. It's nearly perfect.